Gerresheimer AG: Gerresheimer with positive start to the financial year 2021
DGAP-News: Gerresheimer AG
/ Key word(s): Quarterly / Interim Statement
Gerresheimer with positive start to the financial year 2021
- Organic revenue growth of 3.1 % in core business
- Strong development in High Value Solutions: Focus on Biological Solutions pays off
- Adjusted EBITDA increases organically by 7.0 % in core business
- Adjusted earnings per share rise organically by 29.3 % to EUR 0.57
- Guidance confirmed for the financial year 2021
Duesseldorf, April 8, 2021 - "We got off to a good start in the financial year," said Dietmar Siemssen, CEO of Gerresheimer AG. "Our high value products and solutions for biotech and pharma companies saw significant growth in the first quarter. The order books are full. We are well on our way to achieving our targets for 2021. The achievements which are now becoming visible, confirm the effectiveness of our growth strategy, which will continue to roll out systematically."
The Company continued to expand its production capacities for manufacturing injection vials for Covid-19 vaccines in the first quarter of 2021. By doing so, the Company is reaffirming its responsibility and making an important contribution to combating the pandemic by supplying glass vials to be filled with vaccines.
Adjusted EBITDA stood at EUR 54m in the first quarter of 2021. In the core business, adjusted EBITDA rose organically by 7.0% year on year to EUR 57m. The adjusted EBITDA margin in the core business amounted to 19.0%. The adjusted net income was EUR 18m, resulting in adjusted earnings per share of EUR 0.57 with an increase of organically 29.3% (32.6 % as reported) compared to the same quarter in the prior year.
- Revenues growth in the mid single-digit percentage range
- Adjusted EBITDA margin between 22% and 23%
- Adjusted earnings per share in euros to increase by at least 10%
Medium term (core business, net of currency effects):
- Revenues growth in the high single-digit percentage range
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of around 23%
- Adjusted earnings per share in euros to increase by at least 10% per year
The Quarterly Statement for the first quarter of 2021 is available here:
Investor Relations contact
08.04.2021 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|EQS News ID:||1182130|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|