Outlook on the Generic Drugs Global Market to 2026 - by Therapy Area, Drug Delivery, Distribution Channel and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Generic Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global generic drugs market reached a value of US$ 386 Billion in 2020. Looking forward, the publisher expects the global generic drugs market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
A generic drug is a medicine that contains the same active ingredient and has an equivalent therapeutic effect as the branded drug. It is also identical in terms of safety, quality, dosage, strength, route of administration, intended use, effect, form, quality and side effects. These medications can be produced only after the patent expiration of the brand-name drug. As compared to branded drugs, the production of generics costs much less as it does not require the repetition of clinical (human) and animal studies to demonstrate the effectiveness and safety of the medicine. Due to a reduction in the upfront cost of research, generics are typically sold at a substantially lower price in the market.
Due to an aging population and increasing incidences of chronic diseases, governments of developed countries have been making efforts to reduce healthcare costs by promoting the production of generics. Whereas, in developing countries, affordability and accessibility are some of the primary issues faced by the healthcare industry. To address these problems, governments and other regulatory bodies have been encouraging manufacturers to introduce effective generic drugs. However, despite the rapid patent expiry of branded drugs, there has been a shortage of generics. This situation is currently being rectified by various initiatives taken by hospitals, institutions and other organizations across the globe.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Fresenius SE & Co.
- Lupin Limited
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global generic drugs market?
- What are the major drug delivery segments?
- What are the key therapy areas?
- What are the major distribution channels?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
- What are the profit margins in the industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- How are generic drugs manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for generic drugs?
- What are the transportation requirements for generic drugs?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Generic Drugs Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Breakup by Country
5.5 Market Breakup by Therapy Area
5.6 Market Breakup by Drug Delivery
5.7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
5.8 Market Forecast
5.9 SWOT Analysis
5.10 Value Chain Analysis
5.11 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.12 Regulations in the Generic Industry
5.13 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Performance of Key Countries
6.1 United States
6.7 United Kingdom
7 Market Breakup by Therapy Area
7.1 Central Nervous System
8 Market Breakup by Drug Delivery
9 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
9.1 Retail Pharmacies
9.2 Hospital Pharmacies
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Competitive Structure
10.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
10.3 Key Player Profiles
11 Generic Drugs Manufacturing Process
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
13 Loans and Financial Assistance
14 Project Economics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/b1c49b
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900