Global Small Cell Lung Cancer Market to 2029 - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Small Cell Lung Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2029" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Lung cancer remains a leading cause of cancer-related death worldwide and is a huge global health burden. Small cell lung cancer constitutes approximately 10-15% of all lung cancers and is a subtype characterized by aggressive disease and a lack of therapeutic options, resulting in poor clinical outcomes for patients. The approval and introduction of immune checkpoint inhibitors in combination with chemotherapy in the ES-SCLC setting has finally introduced a novel therapeutic approach in an indication dominated by the use of generic chemotherapy for decades. Despite a marginal (but significant) improvement in clinical outcomes for patients, the introduction of IO represents a welcome change in the treatment paradigm.
Other catalysts of significance include the market withdrawal of Opdivo and Keytruda from the indication and the recent introduction of Zepzelca and Cosela into the treatment paradigm. Despite the introduction of new market entrants, significant opportunity exists across several patient subsets and multiple lines of therapy for R&D. the publisher anticipates 10 pipeline agents to be launched across the 8MM (the majority in China) over the forecast period 2019-2029. The SCLC market is forecast to grow to $2.4B by 2029, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.9%.
This report covers opportunities for various marketed agents and pipeline agents in development across the 8MM, clinical and commercial assessments for agents in late-stage clinical development, R&D strategies, and innovative approaches in development for SCLC. This edition provides an update to the previous sales forecast for marketed and pipeline agents and highlights expected market dynamics by country and class of therapy across the forecast period, 2019-2029.
- G1 Therapeutics
- Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group Co
- Jiangsu Chia-Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical
- Shanghai Henlius Biotech Inc
- Jiangsu HengRui Medicine
- Advenchen Laboratories
- Innovent Biologics
- Shanghai Junshi Biosciences
Key Questions Answered
- 10 late-stage pipeline agents are going to enter the SCLC market from 2019 onwards. Will the impact will these agents have on the market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales, and why?
- What are the current unmet needs in SCLC, which pipeline agents are positioned to counter these unmet needs? What are the opportunities for R&D?
- What is the market outlook in the 8MM from 2019-2029? Considering major patent expiries, launch of new premium priced agents and expected label expansions.
- What are the main corporate trends? Who are the current and future players?
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global SCLC therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global SCLC market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global SCLC therapeutics market from 2019-2029.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Small Cell Lung Cancer: Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Lack of Diagnostic Tools for Early Detection of Small Cell Lung Cancer
7.3 More Effective Therapies to Improve Overall Survival
7.4 Lack of Treatment Options for Relapsed/Refractory Relapse Disease
7.5 Discovery of Predictive Biomarkers and Understanding of the Underlying Biology of Small Cell Lung Cancer
7.6 Lack of Effective Therapies to Address Patients with Brain Metastasis
8 R&D Strategies
8.2 The Development of Checkpoint Inhibitors and Incorporation Into the Treatment Paradigm Across Multiple Lines of Therapy
8.3 Dual Checkpoint Blockade to Potentiate Efficacy and Overcome Resistance to ICI Treatment
8.4 The Development of Agents for Novel Targets in SCLC
8.5 Clinical Trials Design
8.5.1 Use of Overall Survival, Progression-Free Survival to Gain Front-Line Approvals and Overall Response Rate for Later Lines
8.5.2 An Absence of Biomarker-Driven Clinical Trial Design
8.5.3 The Clinical Trial Design for Chinese Domestic ICIs Is Consistent with Western Trials
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Innovative Early-Stage Approaches
9.3 Other Drugs in Development
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
10.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.3 Competitive Assessment
10.4 Top-Line 10-Year Forecast
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/59ki9d
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900