Worldwide Semiconductor Memory Industry to 2026 - Increasing Proliferation of Electronics is Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Semiconductor Memory Market, By Type (Volatile and Non-Volatile), By Volatile Type (DRAM, SRAM, SDRAM and MRAM), By Non-Volatile Type (PROM, EPROM, EEPROM and Flash Memory), By Application, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2016-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Semiconductor Memory Market stood at $ 110.30 billion in 2020 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 7.02% by 2026 due to rising memory requirements in the gaming, automobile, healthcare and telecommunication sectors. The growth in the market can be attributed to new technological advancements in portable memory-based electronics in the forecast years.
The Global Semiconductor Memory Market can be bifurcated into type, volatile type, non-volatile type, application and region. On the basis of type, the market can be segmented as volatile and non-volatile, where the non-volatile segment held market share of 50.61% in 2020, due to its function in the permanent storage of the computer hardware.
In terms of volatile type, the market is segmented into DRAM, SRAM, SDRAM and MRAM where the market share of DRAM was 35.34% due to its high storage capacity. In terms of non-volatile type, the market is segmented into PROM, EPROM, EEPROM and Flash Memory where the market share of PROM was 35.23% in 2020, due to the increased demand for BIOS and firmware in the computer hardware. The semiconductor memory market, on the basis of application, can be segmented into Consumer Electronics, IT & Telecommunications, Automotive, Medical Devices, Aerospace & Defence and others (Industrial, Smart Cards, Mp3 Players, etc.). The consumer electronics sector held market share of 30.54% in 2020, which in turn is expected to enhance the market growth over the forecast period. This growth is due to the increasing proliferation of electronics with the need for associated storage in the devices.
The largest contributor to the Global Semiconductor Memory Market is Asia-Pacific with 35.56% market share in 2020. South Korea is the largest contributing country in the region with 32.25% shares, followed by China, India, Taiwan and Japan. The ongoing technological advancements and innovations for microcomputer-based systems are expected to fuel the Global Semiconductor Memory Market over the forecast years.
- Sony Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- Micron Technology Inc.
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Broadcom Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Nvidia Corporation
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth in the market size of the Global Semiconductor Memory Market from 2016 to 2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of the Global Semiconductor Memory Market from 2021 to 2026 and growth rate until 2026.
- To classify and forecast the Global Semiconductor Memory Market based on type, volatile type, non-volatile type, application, company and regional distribution.
- To analyze and forecast the market size, in terms of type which are volatile and non-volatile.
- To analyze and forecast the market size, in terms of volatile type which are DRAM, SRAM, SDRAM and MRAM.
- To analyze and forecast the market size, in terms of non-volatile type which are PROM, EPROM, EEPROM and Flash Memory.
- To analyze and forecast the market size, in terms of application which are Consumer Electronics, IT & Telecommunications, Automotive, Medical Devices, Aerospace & Defence, Industrial, Smart Cards, Mp3 Players, etc.
- To categorize and forecast the Global Semiconductor Memory Market by region such as Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and Middle East & Africa.
- To identify major drivers and challenges for the Global Semiconductor Memory Market.
- To identify major trends in the Global Semiconductor Memory Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, etc., in the Global Semiconductor Memory Market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the Global Semiconductor Memory Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of companies operating in the global semiconductor memory market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on Global Semiconductor Memory Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Voice of Customer
5.1. Brand Awareness
5.2. Factors Influencing Purchase Decisions
6. Global Semiconductor Memory Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.3. Product Market Map
7. Asia-Pacific Semiconductor Memory Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.3. Product Market Map
7.4. Asia-Pacific Semiconductor Memory Market Regional Analysis
8. North America Semiconductor Memory Market Outlook
9. Europe Semiconductor Memory Market Outlook
10. South America Semiconductor Memory Market Outlook
11. Middle East & Africa Semiconductor Memory Market Outlook
12. Market Dynamics
13. Market Trends & Developments
14. Competitive Landscape
15. Strategic Recommendations
16. About the Publisher & Disclaimer
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hqqxh9
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900