Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Report (2021 to 2030) - COVID-19 Impact and Recovery - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Genito-Urinary Drugs Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global genito-urinary drugs market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global genito-urinary drugs market is expected to grow from $49.24 billion in 2020 to $53.78 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $63.95 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 4%.
- Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Pfizer Inc
- Bayer AG
- Astellas Pharma Inc
- Allergan Plc
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
North America was the largest region in the global genito-urinary drugs market, accounting for 55% of the market in 2020. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for 21% of the global genito-urinary drugs market. Africa was the smallest region in the global genito-urinary drugs market.
Pharmaceutical companies are investing in development of new class drugs for treating overactive bladders (OAB). Earlier anti-muscarinic agents have been used for the treatment of OAB. Going forward, the market is expected to be driven by a new class of drug known as beta-3 adrenergic agonists that has been increasingly used to treat OAB. Beta-3 adrenergic agonists are drugs which cause the bladder muscles to relax without causing side effects such as dry mouth. For instance, in 2018, European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the Food and drug Administration (FDA) approved a beta-3 adrenergic drug called Mirabegron.
Regulatory agencies and federal governments adopted stringent regulations and took a tough stance on drug pricing by pharmaceutical companies during the historic period. Pharmaceutical companies faced criticism from politicians, patients and physicians over high pricing of some medicines and drugs. Moreover, companies had to sell drugs and medicines at subsidized rates to government hospitals, doctors and clinics, further effecting companies' revenues. This led to drug manufacturing companies operating on a reduced profit margin, which negatively impacted the attractiveness of the genito-urinary drugs industry in the historic period.
The aging population profile of most countries contributed to the growth of the gastrointestinal drugs market. The increase in patient pool due to rising geriatric population globally, contributed significantly to the growth of the market during the historic period. According to the Population Reference Bureau, the share of population over the age of 65 in the global population increased from 8% in 2015 to 9% in 2019. The global population aged 65 years or over was 703 million in 2019. This rise in the geriatric population increased the demand for medical care and drove the healthcare expenditure. This has led to increased demand for pharmaceuticals products, significantly impacting market growth during this period.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Characteristics
4. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Product Analysis
5. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Genito-Urinary Drugs
9. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Size and Growth
9.1. Market Size
9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
10. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Regional Analysis
10.1. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion)
10.2. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region
10.3. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Segmentation
11.1. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, Segmentation by Type
11.2. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, Segmentation by Distribution Channel
11.3. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, Segmentation by Route of Administration
11.4. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, Segmentation by Drug Classification
11.5. Global Genito-Urinary Drugs Market, Segmentation by Mode of Purchase
12. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Metrics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/czugxm
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900