Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Industry to 2029 - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2029 (Event Driven Update)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is the most common subtype of idiopathic interstitial pneumonias (IIPs), which belong to a group of rare diseases termed interstitial lung diseases (ILDs). Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a new and rapidly-establishing market, which, before 2011 was non-existent, with no approved pharmaceutical treatments for the chronic, debilitating disease, which has an abysmal prognosis. However, the last decade has seen a period of explosive growth in the IPF market following the entry of two pharmacological small molecule treatments; Roche's Esbriet and Boehringer Ingelheim's Ofev. The landscape will continue to evolve and the increasing uptake of current therapies and approval of new products will be the primary drivers of growth over the forecast period.
The catalyst for this event-driven update is the discontinuation of GLPG-1690 by Gilead/Galapagos for development in all indications, including IPF and Systemic Sclerosis (SSc) in Q1 2021. Due to IPF's high clinical unmet needs, the discontinuation of GLPG-1690 represents a major setback in the disease space, since ziritaxestat was expected to be the first late-state pipeline product to launch for IPF in the next several years. The next earliest pipeline agent set to launch is pamrevlumab in 2024.
Key Questions Answered
- Which unmet needs are limiting the treatment of IPF in the 7MM?
- What strategies can the pharmaceutical industry employ to increase treatment rates for IPF? How should these strategies differ across different geographical markets?
- What effect will the launch of generics have on the sales of branded agents?
- What are the main R&D trends in the IPF market and which companies are leading the way? Are there major differences in the mechanisms of action used by therapies in late-stage versus early-stage clinical development?
- What was the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the IPF treatment, clinical trial conduct, and looking forward?
- Overview of IPF including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline IPF market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting IPF therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global IPF therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global IPF therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global IPF market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global IPF therapeutics market from 2019-2029.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Table of Contents
2 Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.1 Sources Used
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for IPF (2019-2029)
6 Current Treatment Options
6.2 Current Treatment Guidelines
6.3 Symptomatic Treatments
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Earlier Diagnosis
7.3 Improved Drug Safety and Efficacy
7.4 Improvement in Patient Quality of Life
7.5 Treatments for Patients with Severe Disease
8 R&D Strategies
8.1.1 Corporate Partnerships
8.1.2 Combination Therapy
8.2 Clinical Trial Design
8.2.1 Appropriate Endpoints
8.2.2 Increased Use of Quality of Life Measures
8.2.3 Add-Ons to Standard of Care
8.2.4 Selection of Patient Population
9 Impact of COVID-19 on the IPF Disease Space
9.2 Continuity of Care
9.3 Trial Logistics
9.3.2 Trial Conduct in Isolation
9.3.3 Supply Chain
9.4 Long-Term Impact on the Disease Space
10 Pipeline Assessment
10.2 Innovative Early-Stage Approaches
11 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
11.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
11.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
11.3 Competitive Assessment
11.4 Top-Line 10-Year Forecast
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3m5xiw
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900