Global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Drugs Market Report 2021: Clinical Trials Depict Emflaza Preserves Motor Function Better than Corticosteroids - Forecast to 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Drugs - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Drugs Market to Reach $7 Billion by 2027
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Drugs estimated at US$706.5 Million in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 38.8% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Mutation Suppression, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 37.2% CAGR and reach US$2.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Exon Skipping segment is readjusted to a revised 40% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $213.2 Million, While China is Forecast to Grow at 37.6% CAGR
The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Drugs market in the U.S. is estimated at US$213.2 Million in the year 2020. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$1.2 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 37.6% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 34.7% and 33.6% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 27.5% CAGR.
Other Segments Segment to Record 31% CAGR
In the global Other Segments segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 31% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$15.3 Million in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$101.4 Million by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$855.7 Million by the year 2027.
Select Competitors (Total 46 Featured):
- Acceleron Pharma, Inc.
- Akashi Therapeutics, Inc.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Nippon Shokubai Co., Ltd.
- Nobelpharma Co., Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.
- Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Drugs Market To Exhibit Strong Growth
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Global Market Dynamics
- Treatment Overview and Recent Developments
- Steroids used for the Treatment of DMD
- Translarna Exhibits Positive Result in Children with DMD
- Clinical Trials Depict Emflaza Preserves Motor Function Better than Corticosteroids
- Trial Shows Golodirsen Increases Dystrophin Production in DMD Patients
- Casimersen and Golodirsen Exhibits Positive Results in Sarepta's ESSENCE study
- EXONDYS 51 Drug Details
- FDA Approves Corticosteroid Emflaza for Treating DMD Patients
- Pipeline Analysis
- Drug Price Details: Exondys51
- Sarepta's DMD Gene Therapy Trial Update
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest Of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pojd8w
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900