Worldwide Polyurethane (PU) Film Industry to 2026 - Growing Awareness Regarding Health and Hygiene is Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Polyurethane (PU) Film Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for Polyurethane Film is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period.
- 3M Company
- AMERICAN POLYFILM, INC.
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Covestro AG
- DingZing Advanced Materials Inc.
- Huntsman International LLC
- MH&W International Corp.
- PAR Group
- Transcontinental Inc
- Wiman Corporation
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Medical Sector
- For decades, polyurethane films have been used in the manufacturing of a unique class of films. These films are commonly found in medical aprons, geld pads and medical packaging.
- Additionally, they are used in the manufacturing of liquid & viral barriers, transdermal components, wound dressings, and waterproof-breathable medical textiles.
- The physical structure and puncture resistance property of the films allow them to act as both liquid and viral barriers, shielding patients and staff from potentially harmful blood-borne pathogens. For this reason, in hospitals, no plasticizers are used to mitigate or cause allergic reactions as the films can withstand autoclave sterilization temperatures and remain soft and flexible over time for extended shelf life.
- Additionally, the films' ease of fabrication allows for cost-efficient adhesion and slitting, resulting in reduced net cost.
- Aging and growing populations, greater prevalence of chronic diseases, and exponential advances in innovative medical approach is driving the demand for PU films in the sector.
- There is an exponential increase in the pace and scale with which healthcare and medical innovations are emerging. Polyurethane films are supporting health systems' efforts to transit to new models of patient-centered care and helping them develop "smart health" approaches to increase affordability and improve quality.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market for polyurethane films. China has one of the largest healthcare sectors across the globe.
- In 2018, around RMB 82.6 billion (USD 11.95 billion) has been invested in the Chinese healthcare sector which is 78.64% greater than the investment made in the previous year. Moreover, the country's 13th Five-Year Plan prioritizes health and innovation, which is expected to increase investments in medical device manufacturing sector during the forecast period.
- The healthcare sector in India is expected to reach USD 372 billion by 2022, mainly driven by increasing health awareness, access to insurance, rising income and diseases.
- The world's largest government funded healthcare scheme, Ayushman Bharat was launched in September 2018. Japan has a rapidly growing aging population with those aged 65 or over accounting for more than 27.4% of the population.
- The rapidly aging Japanese population, increasing number of patients with chronic and life-style diseases, universal health insurance coverage and regulatory measures are driving the Japanese medical devices market.
- All such factors coupled with increasing consumption from other emerging economies of Asia-Pacific is driving the growth of the market in the region.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Awareness Regarding Health and Hygiene
4.1.2 Rising Penetration in Automobile Industry
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 High Cost of PU Films
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.3 End-User Industry
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 ASEAN Countries
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 3M Company
6.4.2 AMERICAN POLYFILM, INC.
6.4.3 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.4 Covestro AG
6.4.5 DingZing Advanced Materials Inc.
6.4.6 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.7 MH&W International Corp.
6.4.8 PAR Group
6.4.11 Transcontinental Inc
6.4.12 Wiman Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Number of Wind Power Plants
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dl5ld1
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900