Two Day Online Seminar: Radiation Sterilization of Medical Products - Beyond the Basics, August 12-13, 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Radiation Sterilization of Medical Products - Beyond the Basics" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This two-day highly interactive course will cover all aspects of radiation sterilization validation, materials selection and processing implementation. This workshop has been designed to help attendees learn the ins and outs of all the radiation modalities, materials selection, and validation of the sterilization process per ISO 11137.
Additionally, 483 case studies will explore how to avoid the operational and legal issues that arise from nonconformance with regulators (FDA) and auditors.
Upon completing this course on radiation sterilization, participants will:
- Understand how to select product polymer materials for optimal product performance after radiation sterilization processing.
- Know how to complete an optimal validation test design - inclusive of dose, dosimetry, sample size, accelerated ageing, ASTM standards, and thermal analysis.
- Understand the effect of product design and assembly on bioburden, product safety and the success in executing the validation journey.
- Understand all the foundations of a successful radiation sterilization program - materials, bioburden, validation, maintenance of validation.
- Understand the impacts of all regulatory guidances on the radiation sterilization process.
- Perform risk assessments effectively.
- Understand where companies miss the mark in triggering, investigating and executing bioburden action levels and quarterly sterilization audits.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for medical device, biologic products, and pharmaceutical professionals who desire to get a complete understanding of the validation and use of radiation sterilization for their products.
The following personnel will benefit from the course:
- Senior quality managers
- Sterilization managers
- Quality professionals
- Regulatory and Compliance professionals
- Production supervisors
- Manufacturing engineers
- Production engineers
- R&D engineers
- Process owners
- Quality engineers
- Quality auditors
- Medical affairs
- Legal professionals
DAY 01 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT)
- Session Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Review of the radiation sterilization - modalities, history, strengths and limitations, terms, processing parameters.
- Gamma, E-beam, X-ray - Is there a best choice?
- Irradiator Designs and Processing Variables
- Dose Rate and Distribution
- Costs - Contractors, In-house Systems
- Process Validation - Part I
- History - Kilmer and Beyond
- VD Max
- Method 1
- Method 2
- Dose Audits
- Materials Selection - Radiation Effects
- Polymer Chemistry
- AAMI - TIR # 17
- Guidance Offered
- Desirable/Undesirable Changes
- Color Change
- Films, Adhesives
- Stress - Out of Our Parts, Out of Our Lives
- Supplier Databases and Websites
- Process Validation - Part II
- Bioburden Sampling
- Sterility Testing
- Family Grouping
- Dose Audits
- Product and Process Design - It all starts in R&D
- Critical Decision Points
- The Shotgun vs a Targeted Approach
- 3D Printing
- Bioburden Control and Epidemiology
- Environmental Control
- Control Levels
- Bioburden Excursions
- Typical Causes and How to Fix Them
- People and Processes
- Laboratory Issues
- Choose a Good Partner and Save Time
- Bioburden Counts - What does it Mean
- Recovery Efficiency
- IDs - Where did that come from?
- Sterility Failures
- Typical Causes and How to Address Them
- Planning Timeline
- Basic Biocompatibility
DAY 02 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT)
- Packaging - Design & Materials
- Regulatory Requirements
- Design Latitude - Pouches, Trays, Materials
- Materials to be Avoided
- Breathability Requirements
- ISO/AAMI/FDA Standards
- ISO 11137-1
- ISO 11137-2
- ISO 11137-3
- TIR #
- FDA Guidance
- Unique Materials
- Polypropylene and Polyethylene
- PC, Polyester
- Product Validation
- Dose Limits
- Attributes - Design Limits
- Accelerated Aging
- Unique Aspects of Different Product Types
- Biologics and Tissue Sterilization Validation and Processing
- Combination Products Sterilization
- Product Validation Summary/Planning. Planning. Planning
- Learning from 483's - Case Study Exercise from current FDA Warning Letters
- The SAL Debate
- 10-6, 10-3, 10-4
- North America, Europe
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/j2puve
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900