Global Bio-Plasticizers Market Report 2021: Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts to 2026: Augmenting Demand for Flexible PVC & Prohibition on Phthalate-Based Plasticizers - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Bio-Plasticizers Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Bio-Plasticizers Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Owing to the pandemic scenario, the construction activities were on temporary halt due to the government-imposed lockdown, thus led to a decrease in the consumption of bio-plasticizers based flooring and wall coverings, wires, and cables, which in turn negatively impacts the market demand for bio-plasticizers.
However, the demand for packaging from the food and eCommerce segment has been significantly increasing during this situation, which in turn stimulates the demand for packaging material made up of bio-plasticizers, thus enhancing the market growth.
Over the short term, the augmenting demand of bio-plasticizers for flexible PVC and prohibition on phthalate-based plasticizers are expected to drive the market growth.
High cost of bio-plasticizers, when compared with conventional plasticizers, is likely to hinder the markets growth.
Ongoing research on bio-based plasticizers is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Flooring and Wall Covering
- Bio-Plasticizers help in reducing water requirements and make concrete strong and workable. These are generally organic or a combination of organic and inorganic substances that help reduce water content for workability.
- The quantity of plasticizers added is about 0.1% to 0.4% by weight of cement. This amount reduces 5% to 15% of the water requirement and also leads to the increment of workability from about 3 to 8 cm slump. A plasticizer, in general, entrains less than 2% air.
- In 2019, the total value of new construction put in place was about USD 1,365 billion in the United States and reached about USD 1,429 billion in 2020, with a growth rate of about 4.5%, thus led to an increase in the demand for flooring and wall covering, which in turn increases the demand of the bio-plasticizers market.
- Thus, with the growing demand for the conservation of water resources, the usage of plasticizers is rapidly increasing in flooring and wall coverings.
- Owing to all these factors, the demand for bio-plasticizers is likely to grow across the world during the forecast period.
The bio-plasticizers market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Dow, Evonik Industries AG, LANXESS, Matrica S.p.A., and OQ Chemicals GmbH, among others.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Augmenting Demand for Flexible PVC
4.1.2 Prohibition on Phthalate-Based Plasticizers
4.2.1 High Cost when Compared with Typical Plasticizers
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the Impact of COVID-19
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Epoxidized Soybean Oil (ESBO)
5.1.2 Castor Oil
5.1.4 Succinic Acid
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2.1 Wire and Cables
5.2.2 Film and Sheet
5.2.3 Flooring and Wall Covering
5.2.4 Medical Devices
5.2.5 Package Materials
5.2.6 Other Applications
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Avient Corporation
6.4.3 DIC CORPORATION
6.4.4 Emery Oleochemicals
6.4.5 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.6 Hebei Jingu Plasticizer Co., Ltd
6.4.7 Jiangxi East Huge Dragon Chemical Co., Ltd
6.4.8 Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
6.4.10 Matrica S.p.A.
6.4.11 OXEA GmbH
6.4.12 PolyOne Corporation
6.4.13 Roquette Freres
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Ongoing Research on Bio-based Plasticizers
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ltulmw
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900