GDPR Services Market Report 2021 - Global Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts 2020-2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "GDPR Services Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The GDPR Services market was valued at USD 1183.2 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 4364 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 24.3% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026.
In the nearly two years, since the regulations came into effect, maintaining and establishing GDPR compliance has become a key challenge for organizations worldwide that hold data on EU citizens. Research conducted in 2019 by security software supplier Egress suggests that more than half of UK businesses were not compliant with the GDPR.
A new service designed and built by two data protection consultants aims to help organizations overwhelmed with the administrative burden of complying with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In January 2020, Black Penny Consulting, a City of London-based digital transformation shop, developed the Compliance Space, which is designed to replace time-consuming spreadsheets with a more intuitive software interface that will make compliance management more effective and efficient-incorporating real-time legislative updates. The service is explicitly pitched at specialist consultants and data protection officers who are tasked with supporting businesses as they strive to meet their obligations under GDPR.
With the increasing concerns over data privacy and security, the demand for GDPR services is anticipated to increase significantly. The number of reported cybersecurity incidents has increased substantially over the past few years, leading to the increased importance of data security and protection initiatives.
A survey by IBM revealed that the healthcare and social services sectors currently have the highest volume of weekly attacks, closely followed by the transportation and hospitality sectors. The same survey also reported that outsider attacks account for close to 44% of the total attacks, followed by malicious insiders (23%), with the latter recording a steep rise in the past few years. The recent increase in financial and banking hardware also indicates a considerable increase in malware attacks in Europe.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, several organizations are working remotely, and a broad category of the population depends on mobile applications to keep track of COVID-19 scenario, teleconferencing, file sharing, and enterprise-grade authentications. A considerable amount of user data is exchanged, especially in commercial ore corporate applications. Ensuring GDPR compliance for applications that serve the EU region or host data servers in international locations is of paramount importance.
The increasing cloud adoption across the world is anticipated to increase the demand for GDPR services further, as the probability of being prone to cyberattacks is high in the cloud. It is anticipated that the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are expected to be impacted financially while applying for GDPR services as big companies have the resources to pour into their tech and legal teams for ultimate compliance, while the same is not valid for SMEs.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry to Hold Significant Market Share
- IoT has a lot of applications in healthcare, from remote monitoring to medical device integration. It also has the potential to not only keep patients healthy and safe but to improve how physicians deliver care, as well. However, IoT also creates the need for data governance for the healthcare sector. The industry struggles with the massive amount of data produced by sensors, wearables, remote monitors, and other medical devices.
- Moreover, with the increased Internet of Things (IoT) devices, the vulnerability and exposure to diverse cyber-attacks have increased. In the context of the digital transformation of healthcare in Europe, there is a rapid growth of wearables and connected medical devices that enable remote health monitoring.
- Moreover, According to the European Telecommunications Network Operators' Association (ETNO), the number of IoT units in healthcare in the European Union (EU) is expected to increase year-on-year, hence boosting the market growth in the industry.
- With the technological advancements in data transfers, cloud services are becoming more common. Public cloud has been emerging. This technological advancement has resulted in the faster transfer of phishing emails, bots, and ransomware, indicating the vulnerabilities that are brought in by them. These factors are also expected to motivate enterprises and organizations to deploy data governance tools and GDPR services in the industry.
- For instance, the US healthcare regulation, HIPAA, protects patient data. Securing patients' private medical history and health records is of the utmost importance within the healthcare market.
The market is fragmented, with many vendors offering services to support GDPR services across almost all industry verticals. The players in the market are innovating in providing strategic solutions to increase their market presence and customer base. This is enabling them to secure new contracts and tap new markets.
- IBM Corporation
- Veritas Technologies LLC
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Micro Focus International PLC
- Oracle Corporation
- SAP SE
- Capgemini SE
- SecureWorks Inc.
- Wipro Limited
- DXC Technology Company
- Accenture PLC
- Atos SE
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited
- Infosys Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/knfk7o
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900