Thrombocytopenia Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast Report 2021-2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Thrombocytopenia- Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Thrombocytopenia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM Thrombocytopenia market size from 2018 to 2030. The report also covers current Thrombocytopenia treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Thrombocytopenia Market Outlook
Treatment for thrombocytopenia depends on its cause and severity. The main goal of treatment is to prevent death and disability caused by bleeding. If the condition is mild, the patient may not need treatment. A fully normal platelet count is not necessary to prevent bleeding, even with severe cuts or accidents.
If the cause of thrombocytopenia is unknown, and there are no contraindications, such as infections, corticosteroids may be used to increase the platelet count. More specific treatment plans usually depend on the underlying etiology of thrombocytopenia.
Patients with inherited thrombocytopenia have been treated with platelet transfusions (reserved for bleeding cases or its prevention, e.g., before surgery). While the fear of sensitization has dominated the restriction of platelet transfusion, the availability of leukoreduction has greatly decreased this risk. In this case, one of the two thrombopoietin-receptor agonists, eltrombopag, was investigated as a possible treatment option in MYH9-related disorders. The option of allogeneic stem cell transplantation is reserved for inherited thrombocytopenias with a high risk of marrow failure or a high risk of acute leukemia.
Many cases of ITP can be left untreated, and spontaneous remission in children is common. If therapy is required, the first-line treatment option is generally corticosteroids, with the recommended prednisone dose 1 mg/kg/day orally for up to 21-28 days depending upon the response, followed by slow tapering. Also, intravenous immunoglobulin or intravenous anti-D (Rho[D] immune globulin) can be used as an initial treatment with or without steroids.
The most effective second-line treatment option is splenectomy. Additional second-line treatment options with documented evidence of efficacy (allowing postponement of splenectomy) include many agents: azathioprine, cyclosporine, cyclophosphamide, danazol, dexamethasone, vinca alkaloids, mycophenolate mofetil, rituximab, and thrombopoietin-receptor agonists.
The use of thrombopoietin-receptor agonists is an effective and safe second-line treatment strategy. Two thrombopoietin-receptor agonists were approved for the treatment of chronic ITP in adults by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2008 and have as of now been used extensively for treatment of chronic ITP (ITP duration 1 year) in relapsed and refractory patients. These were romiplostim, a thrombopoietin mimetic formed from peptides (peptibody) and eltrombopag (a small molecule, non-peptide).
- As per the analysis, the total number of cases of Thrombocytopenia in the 7MM was 1,653,934 in 2020. These cases of Thrombocytopenia in the 7MM are expected to increase throughout the study period i.e. 2018-2030, with CAGR of 0.66% for the study period 2018-2030.
- As per the analysis, the United States accounted for the highest number of Thrombocytopenia cases among the 7MM. The total number of Thrombocytopenia cases in the US was estimated to be 467,078 in 2020.
- In 2020, the prevalent population of Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia in the United States was 6,002 which are expected to rise with the CAGR of 0.79% for the study period 2018-2030.
- In 2020, there were 66,708 prevalent cases of Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in the United States.
- Germany ranked second-highest for Thrombocytopenia cases among 7MM. In 2020, Germany had 325,202 Thrombocytopenia cases.
- Among the European 5 countries, Germany had the highest cases of Thrombocytopenia with 325,202 cases, followed by the United Kingdom and Spain, with 230,597 cases and 182,796 cases, respectively. On the other hand, Italy had the lowest cases, i.e., 102,933 in 2020.
- As per the analysis, Japan accounted for the fourth-highest number of Thrombocytopenia cases among the 7MM. The total number of Thrombocytopenia cases in Japan was estimated to be 219,017 in 2020.
Thrombocytopenia Drug Chapters
- The market size of Thrombocytopenia in the seven major markets was USD 4,142.40 million in 2020 which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.69%, for the study period of 2018-2030.
- The market size of Thrombocytopenia in the US was USD 2,327.88 million in 2020.
- Among the EU5 countries, the UK had the highest market size with USD 391.79 million in 2020, while France had the lowest market size of Thrombocytopenia with USD 215.47 million in 2020.
- The United States accounts for the highest market size of Thrombocytopenia, in comparison to the other major markets i.e., EU5 countries (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain), and Japan.
- With the expected launch of upcoming therapies, Rozanolixizumab (UCB7665); Rilzabrutinib (PRN-1008); BAX930; Efgartigimod (ARGX-113); Cablivi (caplacizumab); Tavalisse/Tavlesse (Fostamatinib); Doptelet (Avatrombopag); Nplate (Romiplostim)-for CIT; and Mulpleta (lusutrombopag), the market might experience a significant growth.
- According to the publisher's analysis, for ITP, the market of current treatment includes TPO-RAs (Nplate (Romiplostim); Promacta (eltrombopag), which generated the revenue of nearly USD 642.98 million and USD 751.44 million in 2020.
- Cablivi (Caplacizumab/ALX-0081): Sanofi (Ablynx)
- Tavalisse (Fostamatinib): Rigel Pharmaceuticals/Kissei Pharmaceutical
- Doptelet (Avatrombopag): Sobi (Dova Pharmaceuticals)
- Mulpleta/Mulpleo (Lusutrombopag): Shionogi & Co., Ltd.
- Nplate (Romiplostim, AMG-531): Amgen
- Promacta (eltrombopag): Novartis
- Rituxan (rituximab): Zenyaku Kogyo
- Rozanolixizumab (UCB7665): UCB Biopharma
- Rilzabrutinib (PRN-1008): Principia Biopharma
- TAK-755 (BAX930/SHP655): Baxalta/Takeda
- Efgartigimod (ARGX-113): Argenx
- GC5101B (GC5107A, IV-Globulin SN Inj. 10%): GC Pharma
- Narsoplimab (OMS721): Omeros Corporation
- BT-595: Biotest
- TAK-079: Millennium Pharmaceuticals/Takeda
- Thrombosomes: Cellphire
- M254 (Hypersialylated IgG): Momenta Pharmaceuticals
- BIVV020: Sanofi
- Interleukin 2: ILTOO Pharma
- SKI-O-703: Genosco (Subsidiary of Oscotec)
- Sanofi (Ablynx)
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals/Kissei Pharmaceutical
- UCB Biopharma
- Principia Biopharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bbwtd1
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900