The $1.3 Million Global ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market is Expected to Triple in Size by 2028 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis by Type of Solution, EPROs, ClinROs, ObsROs, PerfOs, and ePatient Diaries); Modality ); End User, Hospitals, Academic Institutes, Pharmaceutical Companies, and Others), and Geography" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The ePRO, epatient diaries, and eCOA market was valued at US$ 1,342.92 million in 2020 and it is projected to reach US$ 4,130.35 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.08% during 2020-2028.
Increasing demand for electronic health records (EHRs) and the rising use of smartphones are fueling the market growth. However, concerns regarding data privacy is hindering the growth of the ePRO, epatient diaries, and eCOA market.
The usage of electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) is a push toward adapting to the 'new normal' as it is a method to gather patient data electronically by using technologies such as smart home devices, handheld monitors, wearables, e-diaries, tablets, and web servers to allow the stakeholders (patients, healthy volunteers, investigators and caregivers) in the trials to report outcomes directly and digitally.
Although historically COA was only related to the evaluation of Patient-Related Outcomes (PRO), the FDA has now broadened the definition to include PerfO, ClinRO, and ObsRO along with PRO. In simple terms, when the above parameters are reported electronically, they fit under the eCOA spectrum.
eCOA/ePRO platform has substantial benefits for sponsors and CROs, as it reduces administrative burden, mitigates cost, and fastens trials. Such a system shows strong results with fewer errors and discrepancies, improved data quality, clearer signals, and standardized accurate studies. The factors such as the increasing adoption of EHR and government regulations mandating the maintenance of health records drive the growth of the ePRO, epatient diaries, and eCOA market.
The global ePRO, epatient diaries, and eCOA market is segmented on the basis of type of solution, modality, and end user. Based on type of solution, the market is segmented into eCOA (Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessments), ePROs (Patient Reported Outcomes), ClinROs (Clinician Reported Outcomes), ObsROs (Observer Reported Outcomes), PerfOs (Performance Outcomes), and E-Patient Diaries.
The eCOA segment held the largest share of the market in 2020. However, the ePRO segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period. Based on modality, the ePRO, epatient diaries, and eCOA market is bifurcated into computer and mobile devices. The mobile devices segment held a larger share of the market in 2020. Also, the same segment is estimated to register a higher CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
By end user, the ePRO, epatient diaries, and eCOA market is segmented into clinical trial sponsors, contract research organizations (CROs), hospitals, academic institutes, pharmaceutical companies, and others. The clinical trial sponsors segment held the largest share of the market in 2020, and it is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 15.5% in the market during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the ePRO, ePatient diaries, and eCOA market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global ePRO, ePatient diaries, and eCOA market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin security interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution.
Key Topics Covered:
2. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market- Key Takeaways
3. Research Methodology
4. Global ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market- Market Landscape
5. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market - Industry Dynamics
6. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market- Global Analysis
7. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market- By Type of Solution
8. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market- By Modality
9. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market- By End User
10. ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market - Geographical Analysis
11. Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global ePRO, e-Patient Diaries, and eCOA Market
12. Industry Landscape
13. Company Profiles
- ERT Clinical
- ArisGlobal LLC
- The Diary Pte. Ltd
- ICON PLC
- PAREXEL INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
- Anju Software, Inc.
- Bracket Global LLC
- Dassault Systemes SE
- CRF Health
- eClinical Solutions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qqpd0o
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900