Outlook on the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment Global Market to 2028 - by Type, Product, Distribution Channel and Geography - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis by Type [IBS with Diarrhea, IBS with Constipation, and Mixed IBS], Product, and Distribution Channel" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treatment market was valued at US$ 2,153.89 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 4,600.30 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.95% during 2020-2028.
The factors such as increasing prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) diseases and rising research & development activities drive the market growth. Moreover, product innovations are expected to foster the market growth during the forecast period. However, the limited number of product availability and treatment inefficiency hinder the growth of the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treatment market. Additionally, in North America, medical device companies are finding difficulties in managing their operations due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Research studies published in Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. (a US-based global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health) stated that the COVID-19 pandemic is related to self-reported increases in psychological distress and gastrointestinal symptoms among individuals with IBS and comorbid anxiety or/and depression.
The global irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treatment market is segmented on the basis of type, product, and distribution channel. Based on type, the market is segmented into mixed IBS (IBS-M), IBS with diarrhea (IBS-D), and IBS with constipation (IBS-C). The mixed IBS (IBS-M) segment held the largest share of the market in 2020 and is anticipated to register the highest CAGR during 2021-2028. The irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treatment market, based on product, is segmented into rifaximin, eluxadoline, lubiprostone, linaclotide, and others.
The linaclotide segment held the largest share of the market in 2020. Also, the same segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period. Based on distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospitals pharmacies, drug stores and retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospitals pharmacies segment held the largest market share in 2020. However, the drug stores and retail pharmacies segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treatment market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treatment market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin security interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution.
- Increasing Prevalence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Associated Conditions
- Increasing Number of FDA Approvals and Drug Developments
- Limited Number of Product Availability and Treatment Inefficiency
- Disruptive Effect of Corona Virus on the Economy
- Increasing Disposable Incomes of The Population
- Proliferation of Pharmaceutical Sector in Emerging Markets
- Development of Medical Devices for The Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sebela Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Alfasigma S.p.A.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Synthetic Biologics, Inc.
- Bausch + Lomb Incorporated
- Lannett Company Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/aly8ey
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900