Makara expands women’s health portfolio with new client wins
Salisbury, 4 August 2021 – UK-based international healthcare communications agency, Makara Health, has won new clients to bolster its women’s health portfolio.
The new wins include the osteoporosis and contraception portfolio for Theramex, a specialist women’s health company.
Andrew Bradley, Head of Communications, Theramex, said “Makara Health impressed us with their strategic thinking, passion and deep understanding of women’s health. Its great to be collaborating with senior healthcare consultants and we look forward to a long-term partnership.”
Outside of women’s health, Makara Health has won the UK PR and communications business for Lupin Healthcare in asthma and COPD.
Makara Health’s team continues to grow with 12 new hires including Francesca Kolbe who joins as a Scientific Director providing strategic and scientific input into publications, medical affairs and commercial programmes at Makara Health.
Other additions includes Donna Gregory, who joins as an Associate Director from dna Communications. Donna brings a breadth of experience having worked in central government and the voluntary sector before moving to agency-side.
Founder and Managing Director, Louise Sharp said, “It’s great to see Makara Health going from strength to strength with new client wins and the expansion of our talented team to support this. As a woman-owned business with a majority female senior team, it is particularly gratifying to gain more work in women’s health – an important and often overlooked area.”
Full list of new team members:
- Francesca Kolbe has a background in cardiovascular research and 17 years’ healthcare communications experience.
- Donna Gregory joins as an Associate Director from dna Communications. Before moving agency-side, Donna headed up communications for a national charity and was part of the media centre team at the Department of Health.
- Eva McCartney joins as an Account Director who brings 20 years’ experience in the international pharmaceutical industry, leading traditional and digital marketing campaigns and cross-functional, multi-national teams.
- Georgina Wardell is a Project Director who has over 12 years experience working in pharmaceutical, digital, and healthcare agencies including earthware and Roche.
Scientific, creative and client services teams:
- Harriet Bell joins as Senior Medical Writer
- Claire Beeby joins the team as a Senior Medical Writer
- Sarah Burrows joins as a Senior Medical Writer
- Georgia McGlasson as a Scientific Associate
- Yarden Cohen Jones as a Scientific Associate
- Craig Lowe joins as a Creative Services Manager
- Christina Burgess joins as a Senior Designer
- Lauren Wildman joins as a Project Coordinator
- Julie Case joins as an Accounts Assistant
- Sarah Lyles joins as a HR Manager
About Makara Health
Makara Health is an international healthcare communications agency delivering innovative, creative and inspiring engagement solutions that change minds and behaviour.
Curious by nature, we constantly ask ‘What if…?’ to explore possibilities that might otherwise be missed and create the right environment for belief-led behaviour change.
Thanks to the range of specialisms within Makara, we are able to offer our clients bespoke programmes combining brand advertising, medical education, patient engagement, PR and training. We find the right solutions for your brand or challenge then tailor our senior team to your needs, objectives and vision.
Makara is a certified WEConnect International women’s business enterprise. WEConnect International is a global network that connects women-owned businesses to qualified byers around the world.