Asthma Treatment Market – North America is expected to have a large share, Says Fact.MR study
Retail pharmacies will drive the highest sales of asthma therapeutics with an estimated value of around US$ 17 Bn by 2027, as rapid expansion of retail pharmacies makes asthma therapeutics more accessible to patients. According to a recent Fact.MR study, hospital pharmacies with large drug inventories would also remain a crucial distribution channel in the asthma treatment market. As patients find it convenient to purchase drugs immediately after diagnosis, hospital pharmacies are likely to catalyze sales of asthma treatment during the forecast period (2020-2027). The study finds that, hospital pharmacies hold the potential to drive sales tantamount to US$ 10 Bn by 2027, in the asthma treatment market.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4422
North America to Hold Pole Position in Asthma Treatment Market; Asia Pacific Market to Gain Pace
North America would retain its pole position in the asthma treatment market, while the market in Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth rate. During the forecast period, North America would lose its market share to Asia Pacific, as leading players are gradually scrambling towards developing countries such as China and India to cash in on relatively cost-effective production opportunities. For instance, F.Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. announced the inauguration of a new manufacturing facility for its pharmaceutical division in Shanghai, China.
Additionally, North America accounts for a high concentration of leading players; ones that generally develop branded drugs. On the contrary, players in the Asia Pacific asthma treatment market relatively hold a low market position, and are involved in the development of generic drugs. As a result, threat of patent expiration affects the North American market more adversely than Asia Pacific. On the back of shifting market trends towards Asia Pacific, the regional asthma treatment market is projected to gain significant pace during the forecast period.
Key Highlights of Asthma Treatment Market Study
- Sales of long-term asthma control medications would remain 59% higher as compared to quick-relief medications by 2027, as rescue medications have limited application scope (only used during asthma attacks), while long-term medications possess high efficacy to control asthma attacks.
- Loss of patent exclusivity of branded drugs could affect the position of leading players in the asthma treatment market, as generic drugs gain ground. For instance, patents of Symbicort Turbuhaler and Qvar manufactured by AstraZeneca and GlaxoSmithKline PLC respectively, are to expire in the very near future. High availability of generic drugs to treat mild to severe asthma is projected to adversely affect revenue potential of the asthma treatment market during the forecast period.
- Sales of inhalers are projected to cross US$ 14 Bn by 2027, and oral route of administration is likely to grow as the second-most attractive section in the asthma treatment market.
- Relaxed FDI policies in India and China are projected to shift focus of leading players towards Asia Pacific to achieve reduced overhead costs and meet growing demand for asthma therapeutics in these countries. According to the Lung India Journal, India accounts for one in every 10 asthma patients. On the back of increasing demand for asthma therapeutics and improving supply chain, the Asia Pacific asthma treatment market is projected to witness growth in the market.
Request More Information about Report Methodology
A senior research analyst at Fact.MR opines, “Growing acceptance of online shopping channels offering next-day/ same-day delivery features and attractive deals would increase sales through online pharmacies. The trend of ordering medications through online pharmacies would gain more prominence by 2027.”
High Reliance of Leading Players on Organic Growth Strategy
Leading players in the consolidated asthma treatment market, accounting for 60% of the total share, rely on organic growth strategy to develop an extensive product portfolios. These players aim to develop novel therapies and drugs through high investments in R&D activities. For instance, in 2018, AstraZeneca and its partner Amgen Inc., announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to Tezepelumab, which is used for the treatment of severe asthma. Continuous introduction of new therapeutics strengthens their portfolios, and well-established brand identity of leading players further increases their sales prospects.
Get More Insights- https://www.accesswire.com/618349/Asthma-Treatment-Market-Growth-Bolstered-by-Sales-of-Long-Term-Asthma-Control-Medications-Opines-FactMR
Find More Valuable Insights on Asthma Treatment Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, brings to the fore an unbiased analysis of the global asthma treatment market, presenting historical demand data (2017-2019), and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2027. The study divulges compelling insights on the asthma treatment market on the basis of treatment type (long-term asthma control medications and quick-relief (rescue) medications), route of administration (inhaled, oral, intravenous, and subcutaneous), and distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies), across five major regions.
Explore Wide-ranging Coverage of Fact.MR’s Healthcare Landscape
Asthma Spacers Market: Find insights on the Asthma Spacers market with analysis of segments, statistics, influencers, market players, and business strategies adopted over a 10-year forecast period.
Diverticular Disease Therapeutics Market: Fact.MR’s report on the diverticular disease therapeutics market offers insights on the market during 2018-2028, including restraints, revenue sources, market leaders, and market strategies.
Tumour-Induced Osteomalacia Market: Read an analysis of the tumour-induced osteomalacia market with insights on growth factors, opportunities, restraints, regional market forecast, regulatory policies, and strengths of market leaders.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Research Insight: https://www.factmr.com/report/4422/asthma-treatment-market
Press Release: https://www.factmr.com/media-release/1207/asthma-treatment-demand
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
- MARKITWIRED Latest Market Reports