China Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Research Report 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Markets in China" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Overall, the NGS market in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.6 percent between 2021 and 2026.
This report analyses the market trends influencing various NGS market segments in China. It also analyses the global market trends, which have an impact in China's NGS market and also compares China's market trends with the trends in key global markets. It covers a detailed analysis of the impact of COVID-19 in each market segment.
Though COVID-19 pandemic impacted the growth during the initial months in 2020, the market segments have recovered. The growth is expected to continue across all the market segments as acceptance of NGS increase among the end-users as NGS become more affordable and simpler.
This report segments China's NGS market with respect to methods, applications, and product as well as service types. The drivers and restraints of segments are evaluated for estimating market sizes, forecasts and COVID-19 impact. The profiles of leading players in the global as well as Chinese markets are studied in detail along with their response to the pandemic and impact on their NGS revenues.
The report also includes a detailed analysis of the regulatory, intellectual property, and the reimbursement landscapes in China that play a major role in shaping the NGS market, particularly related to the clinical diagnostics end-use segments. The report has a total of 365 pages, which includes 79 tables.
There has been a significant reduction in the cost of sequencing per base during the past five years. China has also witnessed a similar trend in the domestic market. In fact, the leading NGS players in China offer NGS products and services at highly competitive rates compared to their counterparts in developed countries. Favourable government policies as well as financial support have played a crucial role in their success, in addition to the relatively lower manpower costs available in the domestic market.
Automated NGS workflow solutions have played a major role in the adoption of NGS in many targeted markets. Integration of the sequencing process with automated sample preparation, library preparation and data analysis steps has helped laboratories to scale up their NGS services, which assisted in reducing their services fees. The advancement in data analysis solutions is another factor that has enabled adoption of NGS by end-users including those involved in non-clinical application areas such as food testing, and forensics.
Significant challenges still exist for NGS that limit their growth potentials. For instance, cost is still much higher compared to the other genomic platforms. In addition to the capital costs associated with establishing NGS workflows, the laboratories also need to budget for high recurring costs for expensive consumables as well as reagents. High costs are also involved in hiring and retaining skilled workforce for NGS operations. The costs for maintaining large data storage and data analysis facilities can also increase the budget significantly.
In terms of application segments, clinical diagnostics applications are expected to drive the demand for NGS in China. The advent of simpler benchtop sequencers has played a critical role in improving precision medicine awareness. As more NGS-based clinical diagnostics enter the market, the demand for NGS-based clinical testing is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25.2 percent during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Market Overview
NGS Workflow and Leading Products in the Market
- Library Preparation and Amplification
- Data Analysis
NGS Market Trends
- Technological Advancements
- Declining Costs
- Precision Medicine Focus
- Increasing Demand from Clinical Applications Segments
- Growing Investments in Companion Diagnostics (CDX) Development
- High Costs Compared to Alternative Genomic Platforms
- Lack of Effective Software Solutions for Data Management and Downstream Analysis
- NGS Data Management, Interpretation and Sharing: Ethical and Legal Issues
- Lack of Geneticists
Influence of China's Regulatory Landscape on Its NGS Market
- Government Initiatives Relevant for NGS Market
- Regulations and Expert Consensus on Genetic Testing in China
- Regulatory Pathways Relevant for NGS-Based Diagnostic Products
- Genomic Material and Genomic Data Sharing Policy of China
- Lab Developed Tests (LDTS)
- Independent Clinical Laboratories (Icls) Offering NGS Services
- Negative List
- Regulatory Pathway for CDX
Health Insurance Landscape in China and Its Influence on NGS Market
- Social Health Insurance Schemes in China
- Private Health Insurance
- Insurance for Genome Sequencing Services
- The NGS Market Landscape in China
NGS Market Size and Growth Forecasts
2. NGS Markets in China by Methods Targeted Genome Sequencing and Resequencing
Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS)
- WGS-Based Clinical Diagnostics Tests in China
- Large-Scale WGS Studies in China
Whole Exome Sequencing (Wes) RNA-Seq
- RNA-Seq: An Assessment of the Global Market Trends
- Growth of RNA-Seq Demand in China
- Transcriptomics Moving from Microarrays to RNA-Seq
Other NGS Methods The Market Size and Growth Trends of the Leading NGS Methods
3. NGS Markets in China by Products and Services Instruments
- Single Cell Sequencing
- Emergence Domestic Gene Sequencers Challenge Existing OEM Models
- NGS Workflow Automation Products
Consumables and Accessories
Bioinformatics Tools for NGS
- Primary Data Analysis
- Secondary Data Analysis
- Tertiary Data Analysis
- NGS Service Providers in China
NGS Market Size and Growth Trends in China by Products and Services
- Table 20: the NGS Market Size and Forecasts in China by Products and Services (USD, Million)
4. NGS Markets in China by Application Segments Clinical Diagnostics
Direct-To-Consumer Genetic Testing (DTC-GT) Application Segment
- Alternative Regulatory Pathways: Trends in the Global as Well as China's DTC-GT Market
- Logistics Channels of DTC-GT in China
- Revenue Generation Models: Global Market Trends Vs Emerging Models in China
- Key Focus Areas of DTC-GT in China
- Status of DTC Genetic Testing in China
NGS for Research Applications in China
- Academic Research
- Large-Scale Genome Projects in China
- Chinese Genome Databases
- Industry R&D
Other Emerging NGS Application Segments: Food Testing, Forensics, Etc. Market Size and Forecasts of NGS in Key Application Segments in China
5. Company Profiles
- 10x Genomics, Inc
- Adicon (Hangzhou Adicon Clinical Laboratories, Inc.)
- Agilent Technologies
- Amoy Diagnostics Co Ltd.
- Annoroad Gene Technology Beijing Co Ltd
- Basecare Medical (Suzhou Basecare Medical Device Co. Ltd.)
- Berry Genomics Co Ltd
- BGI Group
- Burning Rock Medical
- CapitalBio Corporation
- Da An Gene Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Darui Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (DARUI Biotech;????)
- Dian Diagnostics Group Co., Ltd.
- Geneseeq Technology Inc
- Genetron Health (Beijing) Co., Ltd
- HaploX Biotechnology
- Jellyfish Gene (Beijing Jellyfish Technology Co., Ltd.)
- KingMed Diagnostics (Guangzhou KingMed Diagnostics Group Co., Ltd.)
- Novogene Co., Ltd.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Pacific Biosciences
- Qi Carbon Technology Co Ltd (QC Technology)
- Spacegen (Xiamen Spacegen Co., Ltd.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Tiangen Biotech Co., Ltd.
- TransGen Biotech (Beijing TransGen Biotech Co., Ltd.)
- Turtle Technology (Shanghai Turtle Technology Co., Ltd.)
- Zhongke Zixin (Beijing Zhongke Zixin Technology Co., Ltd.)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gf0oqd
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900