Preterm Birth Prevention and Management Market Future Challenges, Competitive Strategies and Industry Growth Outlook 2029
The global preterm birth prevention and management market surpassed the valuation of US$ 1 Bn in 2019, with growth projected to see a robust CAGR of more than 9% through 2029. The preterm birth prevention drugs industry is observing a substantial surge in number of FDA-approved new generic copies of blockbuster drugs every year. This can be primarily attributed to favorable government policy framework and demographics, orphan drug designations, adoption of new combination therapies, and complications in the selection of one line of therapy.
Key Takeaways of the Study
- Development of higher complexity specific portfolios and consistent focus on areas of strength while working pipelines are the cornerstone for success in the preterm birth prevention market space.
- Ensuring preterm interventions and research given proportional focus, so funding is aligned with health burden to curb the mortality rate
- Makena, with various approvals for the treatment of preterm birth in potential female patient pool, contributed to the dominance of the progesterone therapy segment by therapy type in 2018 and continue to do so during the forecast period.
- Highly effective therapies with cost advantage over are expected to generate significant revenue in the long run.
- Majority of the global preterm birth cases have not been directed towards preterm diagnostic leading to higher mortality rates and complications
- Sale of Hydroxyprogesterone over antihypertensive drugs such as Nifedipine, and labetalol in the global preterm birth prevention and management market has increased drastically owing to quicker onset of action and higher efficacy.
The demand from high preterm birth rate countries, development of new drug entity, loss of exclusivity in hydroxyprogesterone, and growth strategies based on tie up with distribution channel partners are projected to offer new growth opportunities for the preterm birth prevention and management market.Preterm Birth Prevention and Management Market
Request For Report Sample @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-6457
Launch of Cost-effective Therapies Bodes Well for Market
New revenue opportunities in developed economies, and orphan drug designation by FDA are contributing significantly towards the launch of cost-effective therapies. A few other factors assisting the growth of preterm birth prevention and management market include adoption of preterm diagnostic tests and the economic burden of premature birth on the system.
Frequent drug shortages and unavailability of life-saving formulations in many parts of the country, growing initiatives by government and manufacturers for supply of life-saving preterm birth drugs, particularly in low income and developing countries, are driving the market growth.
Strategic Acquisitions by Key Players to Widen Regional Presence
The leading players in the preterm birth prevention and management market such as AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., and Mylan, are concentrating on organic revenue growth and commercial expansions by mergers and distribution agreements and capturing the untapped potential of the preterm birth prevention and management market.
- In 2019, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. a largest preterm birth prevention and management drug manufacturer announced the completion of acquisition of Perosphere Pharmaceuticals Inc., a private biopharmaceutical firm. With the acquisition, AMAG received ciraparantag to its development portfolio. This acquisition further strengthened AMAG Pharmaceuticals hold of preterm birth prevention and management business with addition of heparin therapy
- AMAG acquired the global rights to R&D and marketing of digoxin immune Fab, a drug used to treat severe preeclampsia in pregnant women from Velo Bio, LLC.
More Valuable Insights on Preterm birth prevention and management Market
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the segments from 2014 to 2029. The global preterm birth prevention and management market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
The study provide compelling insights on preterm birth prevention and management market on basis of therapy type (progesterone therapy, corticosteroid therapy, tocolytics therapy, antihypertensive therapy, magnesium sulfate therapy, heparin prophylaxis therapy, low-dose aspirin therapy, and antibiotics therapy) and by route of administration (Oral, Parenteral, and Vaginal) , and by patient type (prior spontaneous PTB, preeclampsia, short cervix, chronic hypertension, insulin-dependent, twins, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, and others) and by distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, and mail order pharmacies), across seven major regions.
Speak to Analyst, Questions Related To Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-6457
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand Side Trends
1.3. Supply Side Trends
1.4. Analysis and Recommendations
- Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
- Key Market Trends
3.1. Key Trends Impacting the Market
3.2. Product Innovation / Development Trends
- Market Background
4.1. Macro-Economic Factors
4.1.1. Global GDP Growth Outlook
4.1.2. Global Healthcare Expenditure Outlook
4.2. Forecast Factors – Relevance & Impact
4.2.1. Incidences of Preterm Birth
4.2.2. Treatment Cost
4.2.3. Availability of Reimbursement
4.2.4. Awareness Regarding Preterm Birth Prevention
4.2.5. Expected Drug Launches
4.3. Value Chain Analysis
4.4. Market Dynamics
4.5. Opportunity Analysis
- Key Success Factors
5.1. Epidemiology of Preterm Birth for Top Countries
5.2. Treatment Regime by Patient Type
5.3. Research and Development Strategies by Key Vendors
5.4. Regulatory Scenario
5.5. Exhaustive List of FDA and EMA approved Drugs
5.6. Pipeline Assessment
5.7. Reimbursement Landscape for Top Countries
5.8. Patent Scenario
5.9. Emerging drug delivery platform for PTB prevention & management
5.10. Key Marketed Drug – Historic Sales Analysis and Forecast
5.11. License Deal Summary for Key Marketed Drugs
5.12. Medical Need Assessment / Gap Analysis
- Global Preterm Birth Prevention and Management Market Pricing Analysis
6.1. Regional Pricing Analysis By Therapy Type
6.2. Global Average Pricing Analysis Benchmark
- Global Preterm Birth Prevention and Management Market Value (US$ Mn) Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
7.1. Historical Market Value (US$ Mn) Analysis, 2014-2018
7.2. Current and Future Market Value (US$ Mn) Projections, 2019-2029
7.2.1. Y-o-Y Growth Trend Analysis
7.2.2. Absolute $ Opportunity Analysis