Exhaustive Research In Development of New Drug Formulations Gives Traction To The Topical Ocular Drug Delivery Technology Market
It is anticipated that glaucoma cases will surpass 100 million by 2040, while macular degeneration shall reach nearly 200 million by 2020-end. These increasing cases are poised to heighten prospects for ocular drug delivery market in the forecast period (2020-2025).
Immense research and development is occurring in the ocular drug delivery market. Shortages in bioavailability of such drugs is a key growth driver. Studies have shown that micellar formulations and derivative active pharmaceutical ingredients have immense scope for development. Based on these trends, the global ocular drug delivery technology market is poised to register positive growth. The market is anticipated to expand 1.4x by 2025-end.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request a sample
A detailed assessment of the global ocular drug delivery technology market’s value chain analysis, business execution, and supply chain analysis across the regional markets has been covered in the report. A list of prominent companies operating in the global ocular drug delivery technology market along with their product portfolio enhances the reliability of this comprehensive research study.
“The global ocular drug delivery technology market is set to burgeon positively. Exhaustive research in development of new drug formulations by leading manufacturers is anticipated to drive the growth forward,” infers a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Takeaways of Global Ocular Drug Delivery Technology Market Study:
- By technology, topical drug delivery is set to dominate the market, capturing nearly half of the market share. Affordability and introduction of emulsion and suspension forms are attributed as key growth drivers. The topical drugs segment is close behind, expanding 1.4x. Long-term effectiveness and precise drug delivery are important growth drivers.
- By formulation type, solutions are anticipated to capture the majority share, accounting for more than three-fifths of the global ocular drug delivery technology market. High production volume, high-patient compliance and cost effectiveness are important growth levers.
- By disease type, macular degeneration is set to dominate the global ocular drug delivery technology market. This is followed by diabetic retinopathy. Each segment is poised to account for more than one-fifth of the market share. Rising prevalence of the diseases is the main driver behind the growth of these segments.
- By end-user, hospitals are poised to account for a major chunk of the market. This is attributed to availability of trained and qualified personnel and well-equipped healthcare facilities. Moreover, technology integration in hospital systems is also set to brighten growth of the segment.
- By region, North America shall retain market dominance, attributed to presence of key manufacturers and rising visual impairment cases. A market share of more than half is anticipated for the North American Market. Trailing behind is the Asia-Pacific, anticipated to generate substantial growth opportunities. Advancement of research grants, increasing prevalence of cataract and uveitis and presence of key players shall augment growth. The Asia-Pacific region is set to expand a CAGR of 7.0% in the forecast period.
Speak To Research Analyst For Detailed Insights:
Global Ocular Drug Delivery Technology Market Segmentation
Fact.MR has studied the global ocular drug delivery technology market with detailed segmentation on the basis of technology type, formulation type, disease type, end-user and region.
|Ocular Inserts:Non-erodibleErodible||Suspension||Diabetic Retinopathy||Ambulatory Surgical Centers||Europe|
|Iontophoresis||Emulsion||Dry Eye Syndrome||Ophthalmic Clinics||Asia Pacific|
|Intraocular Implants:BiodegradableNon-biodegradable||Liposomes & Nanoparticles||Macular Degeneration||Homecare Settings||Latin America|
|In-Situ Gel & Punctal Plugs||Ointment||Diabetic Macular Edema||Middle East & Africa|
“This taxonomy prepared is confidential and intended exclusively for the individual or entity with whom it is being shared. Reading, disseminating, distributing, or copying this to any party other than addressee(s) is unauthorized and prohibited.”
For critical insights on this market, request for methodology here
Global Ocular Drug Delivery Technology Market: Analysis on Market Size Evaluation
The global ocular drug delivery technology market has been analyzed for each market segment, in terms of value (US$ Mn).
Market estimates at global and regional levels for global ocular drug delivery technology market is available in terms of “US$ Mn” for value. A Y-o-Y growth contrast on prominent global ocular drug delivery technology market segments, along with market attractiveness evaluation has been incorporated in the report.
Global Ocular Drug Delivery Technology Market: Inspected Assessment on Regional Segments
Key sections have been elaborated in the global ocular drug delivery technology report, which have helped deliver projection on the regional markets. These chapters include the regional macros (economic and business environment outlook), which are expected to have a momentous influence on the growth of the global ocular drug delivery technology market during the forecast period.
Country-specific valuation on demand for global ocular drug delivery technology has been offered for each regional market, along with the market scope estimate and forecast, price index, and impact analysis of dynamics of prominence in regions and countries. For all regional markets, Y-o-Y growth estimates have also been incorporated in the report.
Detailed breakup in terms of value for emerging countries has also been included in the report.
Global Ocular Drug Delivery Technology Market: In-Depth Analysis on Competitive Landscape
The report sheds light on the leading manufacturers of global ocular drug delivery technology products along with their detailed profiles. Essential and up-to-date data information related to the market performers, who are principally engaged in the production of global ocular drug delivery technology products, has been brought with the help of a detailed dashboard view. Market share analysis and comparison of prominent players provided in the report permits the report readers to take preemptive steps in advancing their businesses.
Company profiles have been included in the report, such as product portfolio, key strategies along with an all-inclusive SWOT analysis on each player. Company presence is mapped and presented through the matrix for all the prominent players thus providing the readers with actionable insights, which helps in thoughtfully presenting market status, and predicting the competition level in the global ocular drug delivery technology market.
Prominent manufacturers with established market presence in the global ocular drug delivery technology market are
- Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
- Alimera Sciences
- Allergan plc
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (Bausch Health Company) Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain
Wound Healing Supplement Market: A recent study by Fact.MR on the Wound Healing Supplement Market offers a 5-year forecast analysis for the period 2021 – 2031. The study analyzes key trends that are currently influencing the growth of the market. This report covers key dynamics, including drivers, restraints, and opportunities for leading market players along with key stakeholders and emerging players.
Preparative Chromatography Market: Fact.MR’s extensive coverage of the Preparative Chromatography Market offers in-depth insights into the prominent growth dynamics that are likely to aid the expansion of growth prospects in the near future. Data has been presented in the form of key segments across prominent geographies, along with important information concerning key manufacturers operating within the industry.
Retail Genomics Market: The Retail Genomics Market study published by Fact.MR offers an unbiased analysis of the prominent drivers, opportunities, and trends expected to shape future expansion outlooks. The report provides a comprehensive assessment of the prominent segments and geographies which are likely to benefit market players in the forthcoming years.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583