Worldwide Breast Cancer Diagnostics Industry to 2028 - Featuring Koninklijke Philips, Danaher and Hologic Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Platform-based, Instrument-based), by Type (Imaging, Biopsy, Genomic Tests, Blood Tests), by Application, by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global breast cancer diagnostics market size is expected to reach USD 6.8 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.0% from 2021 to 2028.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Danaher Corporation
- Hologic Inc
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Genomic Health (Exact Sciences)
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Argon Medical Devices Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
The introduction of 3D mammography or digital breast tomosynthesis, which is more accurate than 2D mammography, supports market growth. This advanced technology can detect 40.0% more cancers than 2D mammograms and reduce patient recalls. Rapid technological advancements are a major factor expected to drive the market over the coming years.
Companies are adopting strategies that allow them to use their resources to aid in the development of new products, as well as enhance their supply chain. In November 2019, Exact Sciences Corporation announced the acquisition of Genomic Health, which was expected to help enhance the company's market position and offerings by acquiring its product portfolio. In January 2021, Hologic Inc. announced that it has agreed to acquire Biotheranostics for approximately US$ 230 million. Biotheranostics is a commercial-stage molecular diagnostics provider for breast and metastatic cancers.
Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market Report Highlights
- The imaging segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 and the blood tests segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate
- By product, the instrument-based products segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 due to government initiatives such as mandatory screening in developed countries such as the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. for women above 45 years of age, increasing the overall testing and screening of breast cancer
- The platform-based products segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. These tests are mostly used for assessing the efficacy of chemotherapy and targeted therapy in women
- By application, the diagnostic and predictive segment dominated the market in 2020 and the prognostic segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to increasing collaborations and efforts for advancements in diagnostics
- The hospitals and clinics segment dominated the market in 2020
- The medical labs and diagnostics centers segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to an increase in platform-based testing such as NGS, and PCR
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Parent Market Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Regulatory and Reimbursement Framework
3.4 Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Market Driver Analysis
18.104.22.168 Increasing Incidence Of Breast Cancer
22.214.171.124 Technological Advancements
126.96.36.199 Favorable Reimbursement Framework For Breast Cancer Diagnosis
188.8.131.52 Early Detection And Increase In Awareness About Breast Cancer
3.4.2 Market Restraint Analysis
184.108.40.206 Adverse Effects Of Screening Procedures
3.5 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market Analysis Tools
3.5.1 Pestel Analysis
3.5.2 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market: Type Segment Analysis
Chapter 5 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market: Product Segment Analysis
Chapter 6 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market: Application Segment Analysis
Chapter 7 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market: End-use Segment Analysis
Chapter 8 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market: Segment Analysis, By Region, 2017-2028 (USD Million)
Chapter 9 Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market: Competitive Analysis
9.1 Recent developments and impact analysis, by key market participants
9.2 Company Categorization
9.3 Vendor Landscape
9.4 Public Companies
9.5 Private Companies
9.6 Major Deals and Strategic Alliances Analysis
9.7 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nlbfjr
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900