India Coronary Stents Market – Stent implantation is one of the major factors boosting growth
Coronary stents are delicate medical instruments that are used to clear closed arteries. These stents are also used to save the arteries from contracting again. PTCA (Percutaneous Trans-luminal Coronary Angioplasty) is the form of the technique used to clear blockages.
In 2018, the India coronary stents market was valued at US$ 671.3 million and is forecast to grow to US$ 2,049.9 million by 2027.
Request Sample Copy of India Coronary Stents Report @
During the forecast period, the rising prevalence of coronary heart disease will be a major factor driving the growth of the India coronary stents market. As per the report “Divergent patterns in ischemic heart disease and stroke mortality in India from 2000 to 2015: a nationally representative mortality study,” published in the journal Lancet in August 2018, heart disease claimed the lives of over 2.1 million Indians of all ages in 2015. In addition, 0.9 million people died from coronary heart disease and 0.4 million died from a stroke last year.
Furthermore, the demand is expected to expand due to the widespread use of stents in the treatment of coronary blockages. Stent implantation is favored over more invasive bypass surgery due to its non-invasive nature, which provides patients with less pain and a shorter recovery period.
The growth of the India coronary stents market is expected to be hampered due to scarcity of facilities providing PCI and primary PCI procedures, particularly in tier II and tier III cities, as well as limited access to healthcare facilities in rural India.
Furthermore, ischemic adverse effects associated with coronary stenting, such as ischemia-driven target lesion re-vascularization and stent thrombosis, are likely to stymie growth of the India coronary stents market.
The Drug Eluting Stents segment of the India coronary stents market was worth US$ 571.4 million in 2018, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.0 percent to US$ 1,846.5 million by 2027.
Request PDF Report Brochure @
PCI is being more widely used in the market. As per a study released in April 2019 by the National Intervention Council and Apollo Health City in India, a total of 3,87,416 PCI procedures were conducted in 705 centers in India in 2017, representing a 3.7 percent increase over 2016.
Due to the restrictions imposed by the Indian Government on coronary stents in February 2017, the price of coronary stents has decreased dramatically in India. The cost of coronary stents has dropped by 80% on the market. The NPPA (National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority) approved a 4.2 percent price increase for cardiac stents in April 2019, in accordance with the WPI (wholesale price index) for 2018.
During PCI, the patients with a high risk of bleeding are given a balloon coated with iopromide and paclitaxel instead of the bare-metal stents. As per the findings of the single-blind, randomized, non-inferiority DEBUT study, PCI with drug-eluting balloons is non-inferior to PCI with bare-metal stents for the treatment of de novo coronary artery lesions in patients with elevated bleeding risk, as published in The Lancet in May 2019.
Key companies contributing in India coronary stents market are Biosensors Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Boston Scientific Inc., Medtronic, Inc., and Terumo Corporation.
The market’s major players are concentrating on obtaining regulatory approvals in order to broaden their product range. Abbott obtained FDA approval for XIENCE Sierra, a new generation of everolimus-eluting coronary stents, in May 2018. In April 2018, the Japanese regulatory body granted XIENCE clearance.
The Ultimaster TANSEI drug-eluting stent was CE-marked in April 2018 by Terumo Corporation, a Japanese medical device firm.
Buy This Complete A Business Report With Flat US $2000 Off @
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future of global India Coronary Stents market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
• Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
• The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Table Of Content
Chapter No. 1 Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.1.1. Purpose of the Report
1.1.2. USP & Key Offerings
1.2. Key Benefits for Stakehulders
1.3. Target Audience
1.4. Report Scope
Chapter No. 2 Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings
2.1.1. Top Investment Pockets
184.108.40.206. Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Type
220.127.116.11. Market Attractiveness Analysis, By End Use
18.104.22.168. Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Region
2.2. Market Snapshot
2.3. Global India Coronary Stents Market, 2016 – 2021 (USD Million)
2.4. Insights from Primary Respondents
Chapter No. 3 COVID 19 Impact Analysis
3.1. Impact Assessment of COVID-19 Pandemic, By Region
3.1.1. North America
3.1.3. Asia Pacific
3.1.4. Latin America
3.1.5. The Middle-East and Africa
Key Questions Answered in This Report on India Coronary Stents Market
• How much revenue will the global India Coronary Stents Market generate by the end of the forecast period?
• What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall India Coronary Stents Market?
• What are the indicators expected to drive the global India Coronary Stents Market?
• Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
• What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the global India Coronary Stents Market to expand their geographical presence?
• What are the major advancements witnessed in the global India Coronary Stents Market?
• This report answers these questions and more about the global India Coronary Stents Market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Customization of the Report
In case of any Queries or Customization Requirements please connect with our sales team, who will ensure that your requirements are met.
Also, Research Report Examines:
• Competitive companies and manufacturers in global market
• By Product Type, Applications & Growth Factors
• Industry Status and Outlook for Major Applications / End Users / Usage Area
Thanks for reading this article; you can also get individual chapter wise section or region wise report version like North America, Europe or Asia.
- CDN Newswire