Global mRNA Market (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Amgen, Arcturus Therapeutics and Crispr Therapeutics Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "mRNA: Therapeutics and Global Markets 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for mRNA therapeutics should grow from $46.7 billion in 2021 to $101.3 billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.8% for the period of 2021-2026.
The U.S. market for mRNA therapeutics should grow from $21.5 billion in 2021 to $46.5 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 16.7% for the period of 2021-2026.
The Asia-Pacific market for mRNA therapeutics should grow from $6.1 billion in 2021 to $13.8 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 17.9% for the period of 2021-2026.
- Accurna Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Arcturus Therapeutics Inc.
- Argos Therapeutics Inc.
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Cartesian Therapeutics Inc.
- Chimeron Bio
- Crispr Therapeutics Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Eli Lilly And Co.
- Elixirgen Therapeutics Inc.
- Etherna Immunotherapies
- Ethris Gmbh
- Genentech (Subsidiary Of Roche)
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Greenlight Biosciences Inc.
- HDT Bio Corp.
- Intellia Therapeutics
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kernal Biologics Inc.
- Maxcyte Inc.
- Merck Kgaa
- Moderna Therapeutics
- Nutcracker Therapeutics
- Phion Therapeutics
- Poseida Therapeutics Inc.
- Quark Pharmaceuticals
- Recode Therapeutics
- Regulus Therapeutics
- Rnaimmune Inc.
- Sangamo Therapeutics Inc.
- Sarepta Therapeutics
- Shanghai Bendao Gene Technology Co., Ltd.
- Stemirna Therapeutics Ltd.
- Strand Therapeutics
- Tiba Biotechnology Llc
- Translate Bio
- Vertex Pharmaceutical
- 32 data tables and 32 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for mRNA therapeutics
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2020, estimates for 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Highlights of the major developments, pandemic threats, therapeutic developments, and technological developments of the mRNA therapeutics market
- Discussion on significant advantages of mRNA over protein or DNA-based delivery systems and description of demographic and economic trends, and outlook of the mRNA therapeutics market
- Evaluation of current market size and forecast and information on prophylactic vaccines, vaccine discovery and development, and R&D activities
- Analysis of the various innovative therapeutics as well as new promising vaccines intended for the prevention and treatment of various chronic and infectious diseases
- Assessment of regulatory structure, pricing and reimbursement scenario, and pipeline analysis of the new molecules & therapeutics
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
mRNA therapeutics have emerged as a rapidly growing field with multibillion-dollar business potential within the biotherapeutics market. The therapeutic use of mRNA is unique and powerful since it plays a very critical role in human biology and instructs cells to make proteins to circulate throughout the body.
Recent commercial success has shown its potential to transform the biopharma industry, the same way that the first-generation biotech companies (such as Amgen, Biogen and Genentech) did in the 1980s when they began developing recombinant protein therapies called biologics. The COVID-19 pandemic became the first pandemic of the current generation. It created lots of mRNA buzz in the market in terms of appreciating the bigger picture of the mRNA segment and its wider potential of developing precise and individualized therapies targeting diseases beyond viral infections.
Revenue from 2021 is an estimate based on sales of the first two quarters (Q1 & Q2) along with projections of dose orders for 2021 by leading companies. mRNA therapeutics typically include vaccines, drugs and therapies developed through mRNA technology. This market growth is fueled by the increasing incidence of infectious diseases (e.g., COVID-19, Zika, influenza, Ebola, etc.); increasing prevalence of chronic diseases (e.g., cancer, heart diseases, respiratory, CKD, etc.), rare diseases (e.g., methylmalonic acidemia, propionic acidemia, phenylketonuria, glycogen disease, etc.), and metabolic and immune disorders; commercialization of mRNA vaccines; development of personalized therapeutics for cancer; strong pipeline of therapeutics addressing the unmet need for rare diseases; and growing global acceptance for mRNA therapeutics (e.g., COVID-19, Ebola, influenza, HIV) over traditional drugs and vaccines.
The market for 2020 is relatively lower since BioNTech and Moderna received emergency approvals for their vaccines in December 2020. Additionally, 2021 revenue is also an estimate based on sales of first two quarters (Q1 and Q2) along with projections of doses ordered to be delivered by 2021, by leading companies. The U.S. is expected to maintain dominance in the mRNA therapeutics market. This growth is due to the growing geriatric population, rise of COVID-19 pandemic, increasing incidence of infectious diseases, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, growing demand for transformative therapeutics, increasing acceptance of mRNA vaccines, preventive care, continuous technological advancements, increasing investment, incentives for new product development, unmet need for rare disease treatment, favorable regulatory environment, acceptance of personalized medicine and increasing adoption of treatment adherence technologies and software applications.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/938les
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900