Global Liquid Waste Management Market (2021 to 2026) - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Liquid Waste Management Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Liquid Waste Management Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- CLEAN HARBORS, INC.
- Covanta Holding Corporation
- GFL Environmental Inc.
- Hulsey Environmental Services
- REMONDIS SE & Co. KG
- WM Intellectual Property Holdings, L.L.C.
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Segment to Dominate the Market
- The oil and gas industry is amongst the most profitable industries. It meets all the energy demand across various other industries, households, and transportation, and in other sectors. The oil and gas industry is facing concerns regarding the environment, mainly with wastewater.
- The industry has a high rate of water consumption, as it generates a large amount of wastewater in various operations such as in hydrostatic testing water, which is consumed in the hydrostatic testing of pipelines to ensure pipeline safety and find any possible leaks. The process also includes the usage of chemical additives. Hence, hydro-test water should be treated before disposal into the sea or surface water.
- Furthermore, in the oil and gas industry water is employed in technologies, such as hydraulic fracturing. In this process, high-pressure water is used to open up the cracks or fractures into the tight formations of rocks permitting petroleum gas and unrefined petroleum to stream to a well for recovery. The water used in the process often gets contaminated, and it needs to be treated for either disposing of or for reuse.
- According to EIA, the global petroleum and other liquid fuel consumption was accounted for about 101.19 million barrels per day in 2019 and reached 92.17 million barrels per day in 2020, with a decline rate of about 8.9%.
- According to EIA, the production of dry natural gas in the United States was accounted for about 93.06 billion cubic feet per day in 2019 and reached 91.36 billion cubic feet per day in 2020, with a decline rate of about 1.8%.
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- North America region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the period owing to the enactment of stringent norms and the presence of activities related to oil and gas production.
- According to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2020, the production of crude oil and condensate in North America was accounted for 18.62 million barrels per day in 2019, with a growth rate of about 6.9% compared to the previous year.
- According to EIA, the average crude oil production in the United States was accounted for about 11.3 million barrels per day in 2020, down from 12.2 million barrels per day in 2019, and is expected to reach 11.1 million barrels per day in 2021 and 12 million barrels per day in 2022.
- North America is the second-largest region in terms of petroleum refinery throughput. According to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2020, the refinery throughput in the North America region was accounted for about 18.98 million barrels per day in 2019, with a decline rate of about 1.3% compared to the previous year.
- Furthermore, the market growth is also driven by the United States, owing to penetration in residential, commercial, and industrial segments driven by stringent environmental and disposal regulations in the country.
- Some of the liquid waste produced from the automotive industry include used motor oil, used brake oil fluid, and others. According to OICA, in 2020, around 14.45 million vehicles were sold in the United States compared to 17.04 million vehicles that were sold in 2019, witnessing a decreasing growth rate of about 15.2%.
- The liquid waste management market is very well regulated by agencies like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). Several laws including Environmental Protection Act, 1993 mentions guidelines to be carried out by companies including undertaking Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and preparing Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growth in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industry
4.1.2 Increased Manufacturing Activities Containing Toxic Chemicals Leading to Growing Liquid Effluent Management
4.2.1 Increasing Technological Challenges
4.2.2 Stringent Waste Processing Regulations
4.2.3 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.3 End-user Industry
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vg7shl
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900