Global Investigational New Drug CDMO Market (2021 to 2028) - Featuring Catalent, Lonza and Patheon Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Investigational New Drug CDMO Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Small Molecule, Large Molecule), By Service (Contract Development, Contract Manufacturing), By End User, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global investigational new drug CDMO market size is expected to reach USD 6.8 billion by 2028, according to a new report by the publisher It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2021 to 2028.
- Catalent, Inc.
- Recipharm AB
- Siegfried Holding AG
- Patheon Inc.
- IQVIA Holdings Inc.
- Cambrex Corporation
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Syneous Health
The U.S. FDA and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) are health authority bodies that regulate the use of investigational drugs in the U.S. and the European Union, respectively. In addition, investigational review boards (IRBs) in the U.S. and ethics committees (ECs) in the European Union must approve the use of drugs in humans.
It is the requirement of a federal law that a drug be the subject of an approved marketing application prior to it is distributed or transported across the state lines. Hence, sponsors aiming to conduct clinical studies that involve an IND should gain exemption from the FDA to permit the shipping of the investigational drug to clinical investigators in several states.
The pandemic has significantly impacted the global economy in 2020 and has an ongoing impact on various industries. However, the market for IND CDMO has benefited from the pandemic. Prior to COVID-19, prospective sponsors demanded facility audits to ensure CDMOs had the required capacity, equipment, and personnel to undertake their projects. Nowadays, CDMOs should find new ways to attract new sponsors, such as through videos, virtual reality, and other technologies that allow sponsors to virtually experience the site.
Investigational New Drug CDMO Market Report Highlights
- In terms of product, the small molecule segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 89.0% in 2020. This is largely due to the increasing number of small molecules in development. Besides, in 2019, the small molecules dominated the new drug approvals accounting for 79% of all the NME approvals
- Based on service, the contract development segment led the market with a revenue share of 85.5% in 2020. The contract development offers several benefits over in-house development of drugs, such as access to industry experts, less time to market, cost-effectiveness, and more focus on core competencies
- By end user, pharmaceutical companies accounted for the largest share of 69.4% in 2020. This is due to the changes in the pharmaceutical industry that have an impact on research and development strategies, which, in turn, influence new drug approval trends
- Asia Pacific to register the fastest growth rate of 7.7% over the forecast period. Due to the rapid growth of pharmaceutical firms and contract manufacturing organizations in developing countries, such as India and China, the region is likely to overtake Europe and North America in the near future
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Global IND CDMO Market: Variables, Trends, & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation and Scope
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.1 Market Driver Analysis
18.104.22.168 Increasing outsourcing services by pharmaceutical companies
22.214.171.124 Rising investment in R&D
126.96.36.199 Growing pharmaceutical industry
188.8.131.52 Stringent regulatory requirements
3.2.2 Market Restraint Analysis
184.108.40.206 Compliance issues while outsourcing
220.127.116.11 Changing scenario in developing countries
3.3 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.4 COVID-19 Impact on the Market
3.5 Major Deals and Strategic Alliances Analysis
3.6 Global IND CDMO: Market Analysis Tools
3.6.1 Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.6.3 PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 4 Global IND CDMO Market: Product Segment Analysis
Chapter 5 Global IND CDMO Market: Service Segment Analysis
Chapter 6 Global IND CDMO Market: End-user Segment Analysis
Chapter 7 Global IND CDMO Market: Regional Analysis
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gsvvj4
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900