Global Antibiotic Resistance Markets, 2019-2020 & 2021-2027 - Focus on Oxazolidinones, Lipoglycopeptides, Tetracyclines, Cephalosporins, Combination Therapies - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Antibiotic Resistance Market" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The increase in burden of antibiotic-resistant infections and emergence of multi-drug resistant pathogens has been contributing the global antibiotic resistance market growth over the forecast period.
Majority of pharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, and Sanofi find the lucrative enough due to relatively slower growth in revenues for marketed drugs & lower return on investments.
For Example, Novartis had canceled all plans to continue with research and development for its antibacterial drugs. Also, there are various biotech companies such as Achaogen, Melinta Therapeutics, and Nabriva Therapeutics which have undertaken the challenge of developing therapies for antibiotic resistance.
The increase in incidence of chronic & infectious disease is anticipated to propel the growth of global antibiotic resistance market. For example, approximately 17 million people were affected by contagious across the globe. Furthermore, the increase in clinical developments of antibiotic resistance is expected to boost the target market growth over the forecast period. For Example, In June 2019, around 42 new antibiotic resistance with the potential to treat bacterial infections are in clinical development.
Limited number of manufacturers in the field of antibiotic resistance as well as lack of investment from major market players is expected to hamper the global antibiotic resistance market growth during this forecast period.
The Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the antibiotic resistance market in terms of revenue, on account of nations including China, and India where an elevated incidence of bacterial infections is reported.
Also, the increase in awareness of individuals about antibiotic resistance in this region, North America & Europe is also contributing the global antibiotic resistance market growth in terms of revenue, due to availability of better medical equipment is propelling the development of antibiotic resistance market in this region.
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
- What are the Key Opportunities in Global Antibiotic Resistance Market?
- What will be the growth rate from 2019 to 2027?
- Which segment/region will have highest growth?
- What are the factors that will impact/drive the Market?
- What is the competitive Landscape in the Industry?
- What is the role of key players in the value chain?
- What are the strategies adopted by key players?
Market Key Players
- Achaogen Inc
- PARATEK therapeutics
- Melinta Therapeutics Inc
- Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd.
- Theravance Biopharma
- Entasis Therapeutics
- Allecra Therapeutics
- Procarta Biosystems
- Nemisis Bioscience
- Nabriva Therapeutics plc
- Complicated Urinary Tract Infection (cUTI)
- Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections (cIAI)
- Blood Stream Infections (BSI)
- Clostridium difficile infections (CDI)
- Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections (ABSSSI)
- Hospital Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia/Ventilator (HABP/VABP)
- Community Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia (CABP)
- Acinetobacter baumannii (Carbapenem-Resistant and ESBL-producing)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Carbapenem-Resistant)
- Staphylococcus Aureus (Methicillin-Resistant)
- E. coli/K. pneumoniae (Carbapenem-Resistant)
- Streptococcus pneumoniae (Penicillin-Non-Susceptible)
- Clostridium difficile (Cephalosporin-Resistant, Tetracycline-Resistant)
- Enterococcus faecium (Vancomycin-Resistant)
- Haemophilus Influenzae (Ampicillin-Resistant)
By Drug Class
- Combination therapies
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6kf5h4
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900