6-Hour Virtual Webinar on Biostatistics for the Non-Statistician, 14th December 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "6-Hour Virtual Seminar on Biostatistics for the Non-Statistician" webinar has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The use of statistics in clinical trials insures a valid and robust study which minimizes bias in assessing the efficacy of new drug treatment or medical devices.
Participants in this 6-hour virtual seminar will learn the fundamentals of statistical theory, and how statistical concepts are applied in analysis and reporting of clinical research findings.
The objective of the seminar is to provide information that can be used immediately by personnel involved in analysis of clinical trial data. Emphasis will be placed on the actual statistical (a) concepts, (b) application, and (c) interpretation, and not on mathematical formulas or actual data analysis. A basic understanding of statistics is desired, but not necessary.
This seminar also provides a thorough review of the basics for those who need a refresher on statistical theory and types of statistical analyses.
- Statistics is a useful decision making tool in the clinical research arena. When working in a field where a p-value can determine the next steps on development of a drug or procedure, it is imperative that decision makers understand the theory and application of statistics.
- Many statistical softwares are now available to professionals. However, these softwares were developed for statisticians and can often be daunting to non-statisticians. How do you know if you are pressing the right key, let alone performing the best test?
- This seminar provides a non-mathematical introduction to biostatistics and is designed for non-statisticians. And it will benefit professionals who must understand and work with study design and interpretation of findings in a clinical or biotechnology setting.
- The focus of the seminar is to give you the information and skills necessary to understand statistical concepts and findings as applies to clinical research, and to confidently convey the information to others. Therefore, a basic/fundamental to intermediate understanding of statistics is all that is needed to understand and apply the information presented in this webinar.
Key Topics Covered:
- Do we really need statistical tests?
- Sample vs. Population
- I'm a statistician not a magician! What statistics can and can't do
- Descriptive statistics and measures of variability
The many ways of interpretation
- Confidence intervals
- Effect sizes
- Clinical vs. meaningful significance
Common Statistical Tests
- Comparative tests: t-tests, Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Linear Regression analysis
- Non-parametric techniques
Other Statistical Tests
- Comparing Survival Curves and Cox Regression
- Logistic Regression
For more information about this webinar visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/n0h9ga
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900