Global Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapeutics Market Research Report 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapeutics - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapeutics Market to Reach $976.2 Billion by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapeutics estimated at US$476.9 Million in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$976.2 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12.6% over the analysis period.
Cytarabine, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 15.1% CAGR to reach US$366.4 Million by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Anthracycline Drugs segment is readjusted to a revised 13.9% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 18.2% share of the global Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapeutics market.
The market is set to experience a lucrative growth over the coming years on account of confluence of various factors like rising prevalence of the medical condition and its relapse cases along with increasing focus on development of novel therapies. Increasing cases of acute myeloid leukemia can be credited to several factors like unhealthy lifestyles, genetic mutations, radiation exposure and extended exposure to certain toxic chemicals like benzene.
The market growth is also favored by rising aging population and unmet healthcare needs. Moreover, the market expansion is favored by various benefits of biopharmaceuticals over traditional drugs, an impressive biopharmaceutical pipeline and continuing development of several combination therapies capable of treating challenging medical conditions.
The market is also slated to gain from ongoing advancements in molecular biology and pharmacology for development of novel drugs. Pharmaceutical players operating on the market are making significant investments in research projects to come up with novel options.
These R&D endeavors are also attributed to limitations associated with existing therapies available on the market for acute myeloid leukemia. Traditional options for the medical condition are unable to control relapse and linked with various side-effects such as tissue damage, nausea and loss of appetite. These issues are driving companies to focus on advanced approaches such as serine-threonine protein kinases, stem cell transplant and pipeline drugs.
The market growth is bound to be facilitated by upcoming therapies such as farnesyltransferase inhibitors, alkylating agents, immunotoxins, FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies and multi-drug-resistant modulators. These therapies are anticipated to gain acceptance owing to their enhanced survival rates, quality and safety.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $194.4 Million in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $85.7 Million by 2026
The Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapeutics market in the U.S. is estimated at US$194.4 Million in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 37.19% share in the global market. China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$85.7 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 14.9% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 11% and 11.5% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 12.1% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$97 Million by the close of the analysis period.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia: Epidemiology
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) Types
- The FAB Classification of AML
- WHO AML Classification
- Etiology of AML
- AML Symptoms
- COVID-19 IMPACT AND THE LOOMING RECESSION
- COVID-19's Impact on Cancer Patients
- Making the Cancer Patient Survive the Lethal Covid-19 Wave
- Post-Covid-19 Complications to Affect Future Cancer Treatment
- The Evolving Model of Care - Virtual/ Telemedicine Consultations
- The Evolving Model of Care - Extending Care through Innovative Means
- Pandemic Causes Delays in Procedures and Treatment
- In-Office Cancer Patient Visits Decline as Pandemic Fear Escalates
- Vaccine Availability Comforts Cancer Patients
- COVID-19 IMPACT ON ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA THERAPEUTICS
- Pandemic Caused Delays Impact AML Patients
- Pandemic Related Issues Affect Oncology Research
- GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK AND PROSPECTS
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) Therapeutics Market Primed for Massive Growth with Rising Patient Count & Promising Research Efforts
- Drug Development Efforts Set Pace for Global Market
- RECENT LAUNCHES IN THE AML MARKET
- North America Maintains Leadership Position in Global Market
- Chemotherapy: The Standard Mode of Treatment for AML Over the Years
- Emerging Drug Therapies/Targeted Therapies for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia to Drive Future Growth
- FLT3 Inhibitors & Cytarabine: Bright Segments of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Therapeutics Market
- EXISTING & POTENTIAL TREATMENT/THERAPEUTIC TARGETS FOR ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA
- AML Treatment
- Stem Cell Transplant for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML)
- Targeted Therapies Drive the Future of AML Market
- ISOCITRATE DEHYDROGENASES (IDH)
- BCL-2 Inhibitor
- Hedgehog (Hh)
- Immunotherapy-Oriented Treatments
- Neurotransmitter Receptors
- Epigenetic Modulators
- Organelle-Directed Strategies
- New Formulations Using Existing Options
- Antibody-Drug Conjugate Therapy for Acute Leukaemia
- RECENT MARKET ACTIVITY
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 67 Featured)
- AbbVie Inc.
- Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Celgene Corporation
- CTI BioPharma Corp.
- Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Janssen-Cilag Limited
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
- MEI Pharma, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Stemline Therapeutics, Inc.
- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tolero Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Ballooning Elderly Population: The Vital Growth Driver for AML Therapeutics
- Advancements in Pharmacology & Molecular Biology to Promote AML Drug Development
- Recent Drug Approvals
- Rising Investments in AML Therapeutics R&D Augurs Well
- Need for Better Treatments Entrenches Proteomics at Center of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Therapeutics R&D
- Antibody-Oriented Protein Microarrays
- AML - A Medical Challenge with High Relapse Rate
- Therapeutic Landscape for Refractory/Relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukaemia
- Advances Related to FLT3 Inhibitors
- Gilteritinib to Set New Therapeutic Paradigm for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia
- Novel Combination Therapies for Relapsed or Refractory AML
- Novel Therapies for Treatment of Pediatric Relapsed AML
- Immunotherapy Research for AML
- Monoclonal Antibody (Mylotarg) - A Promising Drug
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dpzm0s
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900