Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Astellas Pharma, Biogen and Cytokinetics Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market (2021-2026) by Disease Type, Treatment, Route of Administration and Geography, Competitive Analysis and the Impact of Covid-19 with Ansoff Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market is estimated to be USD 1.1 Bn in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 1.98 Bn by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12.5%.
The SMA treatment market is growing at a significant rate due to the increasing prevalence of spinal muscular atrophy and rising awareness about diagnostics and treatment of SMA. Factors such as the rising importance of rare diseases, increasing initiatives for creating awareness of SMA, and growing research initiatives by market players for developing a treatment for SMA are drivers for the market. In comparison, limited access to Treatment of SMA is a restraint for the market.
Increasing R&D initiatives in the Treatment of SMA is an opportunity for the market though the high cost of approved products for SMA is a challenge to it.
The Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market is segmented based on Disease Type, Treatment, Route of Administration and Geography.
1. Biogen and Ginkgo Bioworks announce collaboration & license agreement to develop novel gene therapy manufacturing platform - 21st May 2021
2. EC approves Roche's Evrysdi as a first at-home treatment for spinal muscular atrophy - 20th March 2021
Some of the companies covered in this report are Astellas Pharma Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Biogen Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Chugai Pharmaceutical, Cure SMA, Cytokinetics, Inc., and F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, etc.
The report includes the Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- The Rising Importance of Rare Diseases
- Increasing Initiatives for Creating Awareness of SMA
- Growing Research Initiatives by Market Players for Developing a Treatment for SMA
- Limited Access to Treatment of SMA
- Increasing R&D Initiatives in the Treatment of SMA
- High Cost of Approved Products for SMA
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Biogen Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals
- Chugai Pharmaceutical
- Cure SMA
- Cytokinetics, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Genentech, Inc
- Genzyme Corporation
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Natera, Inc
- Novartis International AG
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- PTC Therapeutics
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- UW Health
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a1dt7t
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900