The Worldwide Functional Foods and Drinks Industry is Expected to Reach $229.1 Million by 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Functional Foods and Drinks - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Functional Foods and Drinks estimated at US$149.4 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$229.1 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.3% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Beverages, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 7.2% CAGR and reach US$83.2 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Dairy Products segment is readjusted to a revised 6% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $51.8 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 10.3% CAGR
The Functional Foods and Drinks market in the U.S. is estimated at US$51.8 Billion in the year 2020. China, the world`s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$29.8 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 10.3% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 4.3% and 5.3% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 5.4% CAGR.
Cereals & Grains Segment to Record 5.5% CAGR
In the global Cereals & Grains segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 5.4% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$29.6 Billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$42.7 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$18.2 Billion by the year 2027, while Latin America will expand at a 5.2% CAGR through the analysis period.
Select Competitors (Total 317 Featured) -
- Abbott Nutrition
- ABF Ingredients, Ltd.
- Amway Corporation
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Arla Foods amba
- BASF SE
- Ceapro, Inc.
- Celsius Holdings, Inc.
- Coca-Cola Co.
- Monster Beverage Corporation
- CytoSport, Inc.
- Daflorn Ltd.
- Dali Foods Group Co., Ltd.
- Danone SA
- Del Monte Pacific Limited
- Keurig Dr Pepper
- General Mills, Inc.
- Glanbia Plc
- Glanbia Nutritionals Limited
- GNC Holdings, Inc.
- Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co., Ltd.
- Herbalife International, Inc.
- Kellogg Company
- Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Natural Products, Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- PepsiCo Inc.
- The Quaker Oats Company, Inc.
- Post Holdings, Inc.
- Dymatize Enterprises, LLC
- Rockstar Inc.
- Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
- DMV International BV
- Suntory Holdings Limited
- TC Pharmaceutical Industries Co., Ltd.
- The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- Unilever plc
- Valio Ltd.
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- From Food Security to Health Security, the Pandemic Sends Functional Foods Cruising Down a New Road of Opportunity
- Pandemics in Recent History
- Health & Wellness Trend Catalyzes Growth of Global Functional Foods & Drinks Market
- The Functional Foods & Beverages Ecosystem
- Growth Drivers in a Nutshell
- Factors Restraining Growth
- Geographic Market Analysis
- Developing Countries Spearhead Current and Future Market Growth
- Functional Foods and Drinks: A Fragmented Market
- Consolidation Continues to Shape the Market Landscape
- Regional and Cultural Customization: Important for Success in the Emerging Markets
- Strong Research Backup and Media Publicity: Key Product Differentiators
- Pharmaceutical and Food Companies Join the Bandwagon
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Focus on Healthier Lifestyles to Boost Growth
- Focus Grows on Natural Foods and Clean Label
- Growing Focus on Digestive Health and Wellness Augurs Well for Market Growth
- Probiotics Remain the Preferred Ingredient for Gut Health Foods
- Dairy-Based Functional Yogurt: The Most Popular Probiotic Food
- Protein-Fortified Products Rise in Demand
- Consumers Pay Attention to Food Processing
- Entry of Fat in Dietary Stage Show as Humble Participant Presents New Growth Avenues for Functional Food & Drinks Market
- Organic Functional Foods: Crossover of Organics and Functional Foods
- Mood Enhancers Gain Momentum
- Cereals and Grains: A Steadily Growing Functional Food Category
- Personalization and Fragmentation Transform the Market
- Nanotechnology Evolves as a Boon for Functional Food Manufacturers
- Nanoencapsulation Improves Delivery and Bioavailability
- Emergence of Fit & Active Consumer Drives Sports Nutrition Market Mainstream
- More Natural, Organic and Functional Versions to Drive Energy Drinks Growth
- Soy-based Functional Beverages Become Mainstream, Bodes Well for the Market
- Antioxidants Gain Importance in Functional Beverages
- Growing Popularity of Waters Tapped from Fruits and Trees
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1locfl
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900