Protein A Resins Market is expected to surpass US$ 1.2 Bn by 2031, registering a CAGR of 8.1% over the forecast period (2021-2031)
According to Future Market Insights (FMI), the sales of protein A resins have grown at a CAGR of nearly 4.8% between 2016 and 2020. Increasing research on monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), CMOs role in mAbs manufacturing, wide therapeutic application of mAbs, production of next-generation protein A resins overcoming ligand leaching issues, and favorable government policies and funding are expected to drive the sales of protein A resins and also provides a positive impetus on the market growth.
According to a recent study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the global Protein A Resins market is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period. The market is expected to grow from US$ 536.6 Mn in 2020 to over US$ 1.2 Bn by 2031. This reflects a cumulative CAGR of around 8.1% over the forecast period (2021-2031).
Increasing researches conducted on monoclonal antibodies are driving demand for protein A resin. Since the commercialization of the first therapeutic monoclonal antibody in 1986, till May 2021, around 100 monoclonal antibody products have been approved by the U.S. FDA and European Medical Agency for the treatment of various diseases such as cancer.
Monoclonal antibody therapy for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in patients has also been approved by the FDA under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
Studies on monoclonal antibodies have indicated that more monoclonal antibody therapies are in the process of getting FDA approval and can be marketed in the near future to cater to rising demand in the global life sciences industry. Thus, increasing research on monoclonal antibodies (mAb) is expected to fuel the demand and utilization of protein A resin for purification and precipitation purposes.
Get a Customized Scope to Match Your Need Ask an Expert- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-1720
For the purification of monoclonal antibodies (mAb), different technologies are available which includes membrane chromatography, mixed chromatography, and aqueous two-phase extractions (ATPS). However, protein A resin holds the top position for the purification of mAbs.
With many industries facing issues of leaching of ligand and resistance during the commercialization of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), the availability of next-generation protein A resins with improved purification conditions, such as alkaline-stability, and with very low ligand leaching, is expected to increase the production and throughput demand for protein therapeutic processes.
Furthermore, in June 2018, Purolite Life Sciences launched a novel next-generation Protein A agarose resin, Praesto Jetted A50. GE Healthcare, in 2017, introduced a next-generation protein A resin, MabSelect PrismaA, which was designed to enable biopharma manufacturers to improve their mAb purification capacity by up to 40% over GE Healthcare’s existing protein A affinity medium. These product launches are expected give tailwinds to growth registered in the market.
Such developments not only strengthen the company’s existing portfolio but also help to increase their presence at the regional as well as global level.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1720
Key Takeaways from Protein A Resin Study
- By product, the natural protein A resin hold the maximum share of 62.8% in 2021. Natural protein A is derived from a bacterial cell of the staphylococcus aureus species and mainly used in the purification of monoclonal antibodies.
- By matrix, the agarose based matrix of protein A resin account for 85.8% of the market share in 2021 indicating the highest demand, offering high binding specificity when in comparison to other matrices and are widely used for the attachment of ligands that bind proteins.
- By application, the antibody purification of protein A resin segment will account for 74.8% of the market share in 2021.
- By end user, the biopharmaceutical manufacturers will account for 79.2% of the market share in 2021.
- By region, North America held the largest share of 35.7% of the global protein A resins market in 2021.
- The U.S. will emerge as a leading market in North America, while growth registered in Europe will be spearheaded by Germany and the U.K.
“Increasing demand of protein A Resins for biologics production including monoclonal antibody and biosimilars is expected to drive the demand of protein a resin over the decade. To capitalize on existing opportunities, market players are expected to push investment towards product launches and research initiatives,” says the FMI Analyst
Get Going with TOC Of Market Report-https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/protein-a-resins-market/table-of-content
Who is Winning?
Some of the leading manufacturers of protein A resin market are focusing on product launch collaboration and partnership strategies for global expansion objectives, thereby, enhancing their market presence.
- In August 2021, Danaher Corporation acquired Aldevron and stated that Aldevron will work as a stand-alone operating firm and brand within the life sciences segment of Danaher to provide a vast range of custom biologic services, including plasmid DNA production, mRNA production, and antibody development.
- On 11 February 2021, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. started the online offering of its essential Thermo Scientific Dionex Easion and Thermo Scientific Dionex Aquion Ion Chromatography (IC) systems through easy online ordering. This step was undertaken in order to reduce the in-person transaction during the pandemic.
- In October 2020, Kaneka Corporation collaborated with the biomedical research institute “de Duve Institute” of the University of Louvain, wherein they signed a research collaboration agreement in order to develop innovative biomedicine production technologies and strengthen and expand the company’s current biomedicine CDMO business.
- In April 2020, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. launched a blood-based immunoassay kit to identify antibodies to the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the virus associated with COVID-19.
The key market players covered by FMI include GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Kaneka Corporation, JNC Corporation, Purolite Life Sciences, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., JSR Corporation (JSR Life Sciences LLC), Repligen, Tosoh Bioscience, Merck Group (Merck Millipore), Novasep Holdings SAS, Agilent Technologies, Inc., GenScript, Abcam PLC (Expedeon Ltd.), Avantor Inc., Takara Bio, PerkinElmer, Inc., Suzhou Nanomicro Technology Co., Ltd.
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/1720
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
MARKET ACCESS DMCC Initiative
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
For Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org