Global Mutation Detection Kits In Genome Editing Market Research Report 2021: Focus on CRISPR/Cas9, TALENs/MegaTALs, ZFN, Meganucleases - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Mutation Detection Kits In Genome Editing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Technology (CRISPR/Cas9, TALENs/MegaTALs, ZFN, Meganucleases), by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global mutation detection kits in genome editing market size is expected to reach USD 455.1 million by 2028 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 17.3% from 2021 to 2028.
Technological advancements in gene modification technologies, growing adoption of personalized medicine, and increasing demand for synthetic genes and GMOs have majorly driven the market.
The advent of CRISPR/Cas9 nuclease, TALEN, and ZFN allows easy and precise genome modification with no limitation by organisms. In recent times, this space has witnessed a slew of news emerging surrounding the advancement and application of gene editing tools for genetic disease treatment. For instance, in February 2021, researchers from the University of Illinois Chicago developed a new gene-editing tool that the programming of sequential cuts or edits over time.
COVID-19 has become a catalyst for the mutation detection kits market growth. Owing to the pandemic, the leading scientific community and market competitors are now focusing on deciphering the potential of gene editing techniques to prevent COVID-19 infection. CRISPR technology has been studied as a viable tool to alleviate the adverse impact of the pandemic and virus mutation. CRISPR can be utilized in various ways that can contribute to improving human health.
The TALENs/MegaTALs technology segment is expected to witness gradual growth from 2021 to 2028. The development of TALENs has led to major advancements in new therapy development. This technique is found to have more advanced potential gene therapy applications.
The scientific community as well as operating players in the gene therapy market are showing a continued interest in the implementation of meganucleases in therapy development. Key players in the market are undertaking various strategic initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions and new product development to maintain their market presence.
Mutation Detection Kit In Genome Editing Market Report Highlights
- The CRISPR/Cas9 technology segment accounted for the largest revenue in 2020 and is expected to continue the trend in the forecast period. This can be attributed to the various advantages offered by this technique, along with expanding applications of the CRISPR/Cas9 technique
- By end-use, academic and research institutes held the largest revenue share in 2020. This is attributed to the increasing R&D activities by these end-users in the genomics space
- The CROs end-use segment is expected to witness significant growth throughout the forecast period. There exists a considerable demand for contract service providers for gene editing. An increasing number of startups and emerging companies engaged in the gene-editing process has fueled the demand for CROs in this market
- North America has emerged as the highest revenue-generating region in 2020 owing to the presence of key players and developed healthcare infrastructure
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR throughout the forecast period. India and South Korea are majorly contributing to the regional market growth
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology And Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Market Variables, Trends, And Scope
3.1 Market Trends and Outlook
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.1 Market Driver Analysis
188.8.131.52 Technological advancements in gene editing technologies
184.108.40.206 Increasing demand for synthetic genes and genetically modified organisms
220.127.116.11 Growing adoption of personalized medicine
3.2.2 Market Restraint Analysis
18.104.22.168 Regulatory, and ethical challenges pertaining to the use of genetically modified products
3.2.3 Market Opportunity Analysis
22.214.171.124 Expanding applications of genome editing technologies in cell and gene therapy arena
3.3 Business Environment Analysis
3.3.1 SWOT Analysis; By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic, And Technological)
3.3.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4 Trend Analysis on Knock In' Or 'Knock Out' Techniques
3.5 Penetration and Growth Prospect Mapping for Technology, 2020 (USD Thousand)
Chapter 4. Mutation Detection Kits In Genome Editing Market: Technology By Application Cross Segment Business Analysis
4.1.1 Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) Analysis
4.1.2 Disease Genotyping
4.1.3 Typing Of Transgenic Plants
4.1.4 Therapy Development
4.1.5 Epigenetic Editing
Chapter 5. Mutation Detection Kits In Genome Editing Market: End-Use Business Analysis
5.1 Mutation Detection Kits (Genome Editing) Market: End-use Movement Analysis
5.2 Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
5.3 Academic And Government Research Institutes
5.4 Contract Research Organizations
Chapter 6. Mutation Detection Kits In Genome Editing Market: Regional Business Analysis
6.1 Mutation Detection Kits (Genome Editing) Market: Regional Movement Analysis
Chapter 7. Competitive Analysis
- Thermofisher Scientific Inc.
- Takara Bio Inc.
- New England Biolabs
- Integrated Dna Technologies Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- Applied Biological Materials Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Biovision Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dsnf5w
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900