Global Osteoporosis Drugs (Bisphosphonates, Selective Estrogen Inhibitors Modulator (SERM), Others) Markets, Forecasts & Opportunities, 2021-2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Drug Class (Bisphosphonates, Selective Estrogen Inhibitors Modulator (SERM), and Others), By Osteoporosis Disease Type, By Route of Administration, By Gender, By Distribution Channel, By Region, Forecast & Opportunities, 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market stood at USD13.36 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.83% to cross USD20.17 billion by 2026
The increase in the prevalence of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and rising awareness among the public about osteoporosis care are some key factors propelling the market growth.
Moreover, growing investment in R&D activities for the development of advanced new drug classes and a wide range of pipeline drugs for approval in clinical trials are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for osteoporosis drug manufacturers.
Osteoporosis drugs are used to treat osteoporosis, which is a bone disease. Osteoporosis may occur due to lower than normal peak bone mass and greater than normal bone mass loss. Other reasons behind this disease include a number of diseases or treatments such as anorexia, surgical removal of the ovaries, hyperthyroidism, alcoholism, and kidney disease.
Moreover, lifestyle associated factors such as smoking and alcohol abuse can also promote osteoporosis. Hence these factors are leading to a spike in the demand for osteoporosis drugs around the world.
Based on the route of administration, the market can be segmented into oral, injectable, and others. Among them, the injectable segment is expected to witness high CAGR during the forecast period owing to the growing need for drugs that exhibit improved bioavailability rapid mode of action.
Regionally, North America dominated the Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market in 2020 owing to the rising prevalence of osteoporosis and easy availability of osteoporosis drugs in the region. However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth through 2026 owing to growing awareness about the benefits of osteoporosis drugs and thriving life science industry.
Major market players are taking up growth strategies like collaborations, new product launches, partnership & acquisitions.
Leading companies operating in the Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market include
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Novartis International AG
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Radius Health, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Sanofi S.A.
- Abiogen Pharma S.p.A
- Merrion Pharmaceuticals Plc
Key Target Audience:
- Osteoporosis drugs manufacturers, companies/partners and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, industry associations, forums and alliances related to osteoporosis drugs
- Market research and consulting firms
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2016-2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2026
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Osteoporosis Disease Type:
- Primary Osteoporosis
- Secondary Osteoporosis
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Drug Class:
- Selective Estrogen Inhibitors Modulator (SERM)
- Parathyroid Hormone Therapy
- Rank Ligand Inhibitors
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Route of Administration:
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Gender:
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market, By Region:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Voice of Customer
6. Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market Outlook
7. North America Osteoporosis Drugs Market Outlook
8. Europe Osteoporosis Drugs Market Outlook
9. Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Drugs Market Outlook
10. South America Osteoporosis Drugs Market Outlook
11. Middle East and Africa Osteoporosis Drugs Market Outlook
12. Market Dynamics
13. Market Trends & Developments
14. Competitive Landscape
15. Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7igrkc
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900