$36.3 Bn Methanol Markets by Feedstock (Natural Gas, Coal), Derivative (Formaldehyde, MTO/MTP, Gasoline, MTBE, MMA, Acetic Acid, DME, Biodiesel), Sub-Derivative - Global Forecasts to 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Methanol Market - Global Forecasts to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global Methanol market is estimated to be USD 30.7 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 36.3 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2021 to 2026.
Increase in demand of methanol from the end-use industries such as automotive, construction, electronics, solvents, pharmaceuticals, appliances, packaging, and insulation is propelling the growth of this market.
Coal feedstock is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Coal is estimated to account for the fastest growth in the methanol feedstock segment from 2021 to 2026. Coal is considered to be the sustainable alternative raw material for large-scale methanol production which is one the important reason for the increase in demand of coal as feedstock of methanol.
MTO/MTP derivative is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Methanol-to-olefins/methanol-to-propylene (MTO/MTP) is estimated to account for the fastest growth in the methanol derivatives segment from 2021 to 2026. The growth is due to the rise in MTO/CTO plants in China to produce olefins through methanol, as the demand for olefins is growing in the petrochemical industry. The growing demand for methanol is highly attributed to its increasing demand in the automotive and construction end-use industries.
Olefins sub-derivative is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Olefins is estimated to account for the fastest growth in the methanol sub-derivatives segment from 2021 to 2026. The growth is due to high demand of olefins in end-use industries such as building and construction industry. The increase in production of methanol and high feedstock availability will increase the demand for methanol-based sub-derivatives such as olefins.
Solvents end-use industry is estimated to account for the fastest growth during the forecast period
Solvents end-use industry is estimated to account for the fastest growth in the methanol sub-derivatives segment from 2021 to 2026. The growth in the solvent industry is due to increasing demand of solvents in the pharmaceutical, construction, and paints & coatings industries.
Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR in the methanol market from 2021 to 2026. Asia Pacific is the largest and fastest-growing market of methanol, with China and India being the major emerging markets. The growth can be attributed to the rapidly increasing demand for methanol from the automotive and construction industries. China is a major manufacturer of methanol and had the highest consumption of methanol. The increasing demand for UF/PF resins and increasing methanol usage as an emerging fuel for automotive are the key factors expected to drive the demand for methanol during the forecast period.
Some of the companies involved in the manufacturing of methanol are Methanex Corporation (Canada), Celanese Corporation (US), BASF SE (Germany), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Petronas (Malaysia), Yangzhou Coal Mining Company (China), HELM Proman Methanol AG (Switzerland), Zagros Petrochemical Company (Iran), Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc. (Japan), and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Japan).
- Growing Demand for Fuel and Downstream Petrochemical Products to Drive the Methanol Market
- Mto/Mtp Segment to Register the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- Coal and China Accounted for the Largest Shares in Asia-Pacific Methanol Market in 2020
- China, India, Turkey, and Canada to Offer Lucrative Opportunities During Forecast Period
- Increasing Demand for Chemicals in Asia-Pacific
- Growing Demand from Automotive and Construction Industries
- Use of Fuel-Grade Ethanol
- Use of Methanol as an Alternative Fuel in Marine and Manufacturing Industries
- Capital-Intensive Environment
- Capital Costs for Large-Scale Methanol Plants (2020)
- Supply Chain, Trade, and Economic Disruptions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Trends and Forecast of Real Gdp
- Global Electronics Industry
- Trends & Forecast in the Construction Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
Supply Chain Analysis
- Companies Involved in the Supply Chain of the Methanol Market
- Value Chain Analysis
- Prominent Companies
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Trends/Disruptions Impacting Customer's Business
- Revenue Shift & New Revenue Pockets for Methanol Manufacturers
Ecosystem for Methanol Market
- Document Type
- Jurisdiction Analysis
- Patent Jurisdiction Analysis - Top 10 Countries
- Top Applicants and Owners
- Top 10 Patent Owners in Last 10 Years
- Top Applicants in Patent Filing - Methanol Production
Average Selling Price Analysis
- Detailed Regulation Analysis Impacting Methanol Market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact on the Methanol Market
- Stemmed Market Demand, Decreased Capacity Utilization, and Logistic Disruptions Affected the Methanol Market Adversely in 2020
- Natural Gas Prices Plummeted in 2020 due to COVID-19 Impact
- Coal Prices Plummeted in 2020 due to COVID-19 Impact
- Increased Capacity Additions in 2020 May Lower Methanol Prices in the Future
- Post-COVID-19 Scenario
- Methanex Corporation
- Celanese Corporation
- Basf Se
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas)
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Co.,
- Helm Proman Methanol Ag
- Zagros Petrochemical Company (Zpc)
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Oci N.V.
- Metafrax Chemicals
- Atlantic Methanol Production Company LLC
- Oberon Fuels
- Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (Gnfc)
- Deepak Fertilizers & Petrochemicals Corp. Ltd.
- Qatar Fuel Additives Company
- Coogee Chemicals
- Risun Coal Chemicals Group Ltd
- Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd
- Viromet S.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sf9sh
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900