Increase in incidence of hospital-acquired infections is enabling growth in the instrument cleaners and detergents market, which is expected to reach US$ 2.02 Bn in 2021. The market is projected to register growth at a positive pace between 2021 and 2031,:
Increase in incidence of hospital-acquired infections is enabling growth in the instrument cleaners and detergents market, which is expected to reach US$ 2.02 Bn in 2021. The market is projected to register growth at a positive pace between 2021 and 2031, driven by the increasing occurrence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs).
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample @
Hospital-acquired infections have emerged as a key health concern, influencing patient recovery that has a significant effect on mortality recorded worldwide. In addition, the increase in the occurrence of surgical site infections is expected to drive the market.
Hospitals utilize various medical instruments during the course of treatment and diagnosis of the patients. These medical instruments ought to be disinfected and cleaned on daily basis which requires the detergents and cleaners.
Apart from this, rising cases of chronic diseases, growing overall population, and improving medical care awareness among general people are some of the primary reasons driving the instrument cleaners and detergents market.
Spurred by favorable trends, some of the leading pharmaceutical companies are focusing on expanding their product scope across various distribution channels. Currently, the market can be broadly categorized into cleaners and detergents in terms of products. Of these, detergents are forecast to account for over 73% of sales in the market by 2031.
Rising demand from hospitals and various other healthcare institutions will remain a chief growth driver. Amid COVID-19 outbreak, focus on sanitization is at all-time high. This has caused the sales of instrument cleaners and detergents to soar as well.
Key Takeaways from Instrument Cleaners and Detergents Market Study
- Instrument cleaners and detergents market will register 4.1% CAGR between 2021 and 2031, thanks to higher focus on curbing the incidence of infection in healthcare institutions
- Demand from hospitals will continue rising. Hospitals are likely to emerge as dominant end user and reach a market value of US$ 1.1 Bn by 2031
- The U.S. is the most lucrative market in the global instrument cleaners and detergents market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% between 2021 and 2031
- After a period of positive growth, the demand will drop slightly in the U.K. In 2021, the U.K. market is expected to register 3.7% y-o-y growth
- China and Japan are likely to dominate sales registered in East Asia
“Expansion of the healthcare sector globally, increasing cases of hospital acquired infections, rise in the prevalence of surgical site infections, and increasing investments by governments to improve healthcare infrastructure will present a conducive environment for increasing sales of instrument cleaners and detergents,” says the FMI Analyst
For critical insights on this market, request to ask an expert here @
Key Participant Insights
The instrument cleaners and detergents market is set to expand in the forecast period, as a result of rising prevalence of various infectious diseases, and growing investment in R&D. Some of the leading companies are actively engaging into acquisitions and expansion in order to enhance their product portfolio and outreach. The key market players covered by FMI include Metrex Research, LLC , Ruhof Corporation, Case Medical, Inc., Certol International LLC, Dr. Weigert, Biotrol, ORO Clean Chemie AG, Medalkan, STERIS Plc, Getinge Group, Ecolab Inc., 3M Co., Cantel Medical Corporation, EQT (Schülke & Mayr GmbH), Fortive Corporation (Advanced Sterilization Products) and Medline Industries, Inc.
Who is Winning?
Some of the leading players operating in the market are concentrating on rising acquisitions at territorial levels. The pattern is mainly seen across Europe and North America. Acquisitions offer organizations the scope to expand portfolio. It is therefore one of the key strategies adopted by the market players to strengthen their footprint. For instance:
- In, January 2021, STERIS Plc and Cantel Medical Corp announced that STERIS has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Cantel, through a U.S. subsidiary. Cantel is a global provider of infection-prevention products and services, primarily to endoscopy and dental Customers.
- In December 2020, CANTEL MEDICAL CORP. and Censis Technologies announced a new long-term partnership to combine Cantel’s leading infection-prevention endoscope reprocessing workflow portfolio with the surgical asset management and instrument tracking solutions from Censis.
Get Valuable Insights into Instrument Cleaners and Detergents Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the instrument cleaners and detergents market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period from (2021-2031). The study divulges compelling insights into the market in terms of product type (cleaners and detergents), by process type (pre-soak, manual cleaning, automatic cleaning, and disinfection), instrument type (surgical instruments, endoscopes, ultrasound, and dental instruments), and end user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostic centers, and specialty clinics), and across major regions.
For More Information or Query or Customization Before Buying, Visit:
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here