$2.07 Billion Global Immunohistochemistry Market (2021 to 2028) - Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Immunohistochemistry Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Antibodies, Reagents, Kits), by Application (Diagnostics, Drug Testing), by End Use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global immunohistochemistry market size is expected to reach USD 2.07 billion by 2028. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2021 to 2028.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- F.Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- Danaher Corporation
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Cell Signaling Technology Inc.
- Bio SB
- Agilent Technologies,Inc.
- Abcam Plc.
The high demand for accurate data has driven several technological advancements in (immunohistochemistry) IHC techniques, resulting in the delivery of precise and contextual data analyzes. The emergence of various advanced techniques, such as multiplex IHC, computational pathology, and next-generation IHC, is driving the market for immunohistochemistry.
IHC protocols have gained popularity in the field of clinical pathology, especially in the subspecialties of oncologic pathology, hematopathology, and neuropathology. The technique has played a vital role in shaping cancer diagnostics. Thus, the growing prevalence of cancer is expected to increase the demand for immunohistochemistry, thus contributing to the market growth.
Furthermore, wide applications of immunohistochemistry in drug discovery and development activities are expected to boost revenue growth throughout the forecast period. Whole slide imaging and digital image analysis offer highly accurate and objective evaluations. Thus, image analysis can be used across different aspects of drug discovery including drug repositioning, target validation, patient stratification, biomarker expression studies, and drug efficacy and safety studies.
Acknowledging the profitable opportunities posed by the space, operating players in the industry continue to undertake strategic initiatives to strengthen their market presence. For instance,in June 2021, PathAI, in collaboration with AstraZeneca and Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, has created machine learning-based models toenable automated quantification of HER2 IHC images in breast cancer samples.
Immunohistochemistry Market Report Highlights
- By product, antibodies dominated the market in 2020 owing to the highuse of antibodies for immunohistochemistry as says carried out for disease diagnosis and drug testing workflows
- Based on application, the diagnostics segment led the market in 2020 owing to the widespread applications of immunohistochemistry tests in diagnostic settings. The drug testing segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This is due to increasing investment flow by pharmaceutical companies in R&D activities of novel drug discovery and development
- The hospitals and diagnostic laboratories end-use segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. Research institutes are expected to register a lucrative CAGR over the forecast period owing to the increasing adoption of IHC in research institutes for drug discovery activities
- North America emerged as the largest regional market in 2020. This is due to the confluence of multiple factors such as high cancer prevalence, the presence of major key players, and developed healthcare and biotechnological sectors
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest rate throughout the forecast period with China being the fastest-growing market. Increasing regulatory approvals and the launch of novel IHC solutions in China are accelerating the country's market growth
- Key players are engaged in making focused attempts to reinforce their market position and gain a competitive advantage in the market
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology And Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Immunohistochemistry Market Variables, Trends, & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 Parent Market Outlook
3.1.2 Related/Ancillary Market Outlook
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.1 Market Driver Analysis
18.104.22.168 Emergence of multiplexed immunohistochemistry
22.214.171.124 Implementation of automation and machine learning in IHC
126.96.36.199 Increase in prevalence of cancer
3.2.2 Market Restraint Analysis
188.8.131.52 High instrument cost
184.108.40.206 Limitations associated with IHC techniques
3.2.3 Industry Challenges
220.127.116.11 Quality assurance and standardization related challenges
18.104.22.168 Limited scope for multiple evaluations
3.3 COVID-19 Impact Analysis
3.4 Immunohistochemistry Market : Market Analysis Tools
3.4.1Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.4.2 SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic, And Technological)
3.4.3 Regulatory Framework
3.5 Penetration and Growth Prospect Mapping for Product, 2020
Chapter 4. Competitive Landscape
4.1 Recent Developments & Impact Analysis, by Key Market Participants
4.2 Company Categorization
4.3 Private Companies
4.3.1 List Of Key Private Companies
4.3.2 Strategy Framework Analysis
4.4 Stakeholders Landscape
4.4.1 List Of Key End Users, Suppliers, And Competitors
4.5 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
4.5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
4.5.2 Licensing & Partnership
4.5.3 Technology Collaborations
4.6 Regional Network Map
Chapter 5. Immunohistochemistry Market : Product Business Analysis
Chapter 6. Immunohistochemistry Market : Application Business Analysis
Chapter 7. Immunohistochemistry Market : End-Use Business Analysis
Chapter 8. Immunohistochemistry Market : Regional Business Analysis
Chapter 9. Competitive Profiling
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fno2pk
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900