Direct-acting Antiviral Medicines Market 2021 Key Players, SWOT Analysis, Key Indicators and Forecast to 2028
Request a Sample of this Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-6605
New Era of Direct-Acting Antiviral Drugs
The success rate for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus has improved significantly over the past several years due to the introduction of new direct-acting antiviral drugs, which have proven to be more effective than the conventional drugs. The conventional treatment of CHC is basically interferon-based interventions with serious side effects, but direct-acting antiviral drugs show relatively lower side effects, reduce the course of the therapy and also eradicate hepatitis C virus from the blood more much frequently. The recently approved direct-acting antiviral drug, Epclusa tablet, is the combination of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir tablet that has capabilities to treat all the six major hepatitis C genotypes. Whereas, the mechanism of direct-acting antiviral drugs is based on interferon-free treatment.
Factors Driving Direct-acting Antiviral Medicines Market
The global market for direct-acting antiviral medicines is driven by increasing prevalence of liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma and advancements in drug modification. Most of the companies are involved in better availability of directly-acting antivirals medicines and strategic collaborations, which are also the driving factors for the direct-acting antiviral medicine market. Growing awareness and improving healthcare outlook in emerging countries have increased the demand for direct-acting antiviral medicine and act as the major driving factor for the direct-acting antiviral medicine market.
Factors Restraining Direct-acting Antiviral Medicines Market
Patent expiration of branded direct-acting antiviral is a prime challenge for the manufacturers, which leads to generic competition. Besides, side effects related to direct-acting antiviral medicines is the major restraints for the global direct-acting antiviral medicines market. In middle-income countries, costly, complex diagnostic and monitoring requirements also act as a barrier to HCV treatment and high cost of drugs can hamper the market growth.
Direct-acting Antiviral Medicines
Some of the commonly used direct-acting antiviral medicines for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus are Epclusa, Zepatier, Daklinza, Technivie , Viekira Pak, Harvoni, and Sovaldi, among others. A significant portion of the market has been covered by Epclusa, Sofosbuvir and Sovaldi due to their efficacy, reduced course time and low cost. They are used to treat hepatitis infected genotypes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 with or without cirrhosis. Moreover, approximately 75% of Americans with HCV have genotype 1, while 20–25% have genotypes 2 or 3. While only a small number of people in the U.S. are infected with genotypes 4, 5, or 6, they remain the predominant strains in the Middle East, Southern Africa, and Asia. Promising revenue growth is considered for the direct-acting antiviral medicines market over the forecast period.
E-commerce Pharmacies Channel Shows Prominent Growth
Hospital pharmacies, drug stores, and retail pharmacies hold a strong position in the global direct-acting antiviral due to the easy availability of prescribed medicines. However, online pharmacies like e-commerce are also increasing the demand for drugs due to the more offers available on the online platform. Growing penetration of Direct-acting Antiviral on the online pharmacies will provide a remarkable growth opportunity for the manufacturers in underdeveloped economies. Further, the growing trend of online pharmacies would flourish the growth of Direct-acting Antiviral.
Ask An Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-the-analyst/rep-gb-6605
Examples of some of the key players in the global direct-acting antiviral medicines market are Gilead Sciences, Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, AbbVie., Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co., and Vertex Pharmaceuticals, among others. The major pharmaceutical companies are focusing on direct-acting antiviral drugs development, such as AbbVie is developing ABT-530 (an NS5A inhibitor) and ABT-493 (a protease inhibitor), Gilead’s FDC of sofosbuvir and GS-5816 (an NS5A inhibitor) is in phase III. Company-specific access strategies for low- and middle-income countries also create opportunities for the manufacturers.
- Natco Pharma
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Key Data Points Covered in Report
report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Direct-acting antiviral medicines market by drug class, distribution channel, and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, the Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa by drug class, distribution channel and country segments
- Direct-acting antiviral medicines market dynamics & opportunity assessment
- Historical actual market size, 2013 – 2017
- Direct-acting antiviral medicines market size & forecast 2018-2028
- Direct-acting antiviral medicines agents current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved
By Drug Class
- (NS3/4A) protease inhibitors
- NS5B nucleoside polymerase inhibitors
- NS5B non-nucleoside polymerase inhibitors
- NS5A inhibitors
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospitals pharmacies
- Shifting industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of drugs, cost of drugs, efficacy, and consumption of drugs
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional footprint, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
Buy Complete Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/6605
Future Market Insights
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
For Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org