- Global Pharma News & Resources

Zellweger Spectrum Disorder Market Healthcare Analysis | Top Players Blueprint Genetics Oy, Centogene N V, Gene Dx Inc., Asper Biogene LLC

According to the latest research by Future Market Insights, the Zellweger Spectrum Disorder market will witness growth during 2021-2031.

Zellweger spectrum disorder consists of Heimler Syndrome, Infantile Refsum Disease and Neonatal Adrenoleukodystrophy. With new advances coming up in genomics, novel ways to treat and manage ZSD in a way that gives the minimum discomfort to the victims of this disorder are being researched and trialled.

These will further boost the market during the forecast period.

Being a rare disease, not much was known about ZSD. But now with soaring research investments, better clinical understanding is beginning to build.

This will boost early diagnosis of the disorder which help in mapping appropriate treatment plans. Ultimately, all of these factors will amount to a global market growth.

Get a Sample Copy of Report:

What is Driving Demand for Zellweger Spectrum Disorder Market

Zellweger spectrum disorders is group of inherited autosomal genetic conditions where most of the organs of the human body are affected.

This disease happens due to mutation of a specific gene called as PEX-gene which makes it defective, showing early signs like high forehead, muscular hypotonia, seizures, vision and hearing difficulties, etc. soon after birth. Therefore, the rising genomics research an important factor to boost its market.

This disorder is pretty rare as 1 in 50,000 new-borns get affected due to ZSD.

The novel corona virus has swept the entire globe and hence in finding a cure against it has boosted the research and development faction.

Aggressive research in finding answers towards the previously less researched and rare diseases like zellweger spectrum disorder is gaining popularity as healthcare professionals are wanting to be entirely prepared for any similar occurrence in the future. Making it one of the most important driving factors which will contribute in its growth.

Genetic Counselling for Zellweger Spectrum Disorders

“At birth, there is 25% chance of the sibling of new-born getting affected and 50% chance of that individual being a carrier with no symptoms and 25% chance of being asymptomatic and not a carrier.” says the study done by University of Washington. So, pertaining to this, testing of relatives of the identified affected individual can be undertaken.

Also counselling of these probable carrier individuals to do a prenatal DNA testing in order to plan a timely management of zellweger spectrum disorders can be done.

As, prevalence of this disorder cannot be avoided. Early detection of this disorder will certainly help in early treatment and thus boosting the market.

Request Brochure of Report:

U.S. and Canada Zellweger Spectrum Disorder Market 

With state-of-the-art healthcare as well as ceaseless researches going on foreshadows that U.S will dominate the North American market.

Presence of a mandate for zellweger screening test for new-born babies added to availability of highly developed diagnostic equipments will aid U.S in dominating the zellweger spectrum disorder market.

Rising initiatives for detection, prevention and treatment of this disorders is helping in boosting the awareness of this disorder.

Europe Zellweger Spectrum Disorder Market 

The second dominant market in zellweger spectrum disorders will be Europe. New-born testing for ZSD is taking a grip after US making it mandatory.

Dedicated research with various collaborations are also underway in order to ensure proper testing facilities and kits are available for the new-born testing and various other verticals for management of this disorder.

Furthermore, presence of players in like Centogene N V (Germany), Asper Biogene LLC (Estonia). in the region is likely to augment ZSD market growth.

Who are the key Manufacturing and Supplying Companies in Zellweger Spectrum Disorder Market

Key Players:

  • Invitae
  • Blueprint Genetics Oy
  • Centogene N V
  • Gene Dx Inc.
  • Asper Biogene LLC
  • Eugene labs
  • GE Healthcare
  • Philips Healthcare
  • Siemens Healthcare
  • Trivitron Healthcare
  • Care Stream Healthcare
  • AGFA Healthcare
  • Shimadzu
  • Hitachi Medical.

The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.

Ask Us Your Questions About This Report:

Key Segments

By Treatment Type:

  • Audiological
  • Ophthalmological
  • Orthopaedic
  • Paediatric
  • Neurological
  • Surgical

By Diagnostic Tests:

  • Blood test
  • Urine test
  • Ultrasound
  • Genetic tests

By End User:

  • Hospitals
  • Clinics
  • Health Centres
  • Diagnostic Centres
  • Genetic Testing Laboratories

By Region:

  • North America
  • Latin America
  • Europe
  • South Asia
  • East Asia
  • Oceania
  • Middle East & Africa

Editor Details

Last Updated: 01-Feb-2022