Global Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing Devices Market To Grow At 4.5% CAGR Through 2030
Skin perfusion pressure (SPP) assess the local pressure in the microcirculatory system. It is widely used parameter in assessment of wound healing potential in patients with limb ischemia and peripheral artery diseases. SPP testing devices have become crucial for wound healing in patients with chronic limb ischemia. Future Market Insights (FMI), in a new study has forecast the market for skin perfusion pressure testing devices to exhibit 4.6% Y-o-Y growth in 2021. Driven by rising healthcare spending, the market will continue exhibiting high demand through the forecast period, from 2020 to 2030.
Get | Download Sample Copy with Graphs & List of Figures:
Compared to other non-invasive methods such as toe blood pressure and ankle-brachial index, SPP provides more accurate results, and thus, its usage is gaining popularity among physicians. It has been observed that SPP can evaluate ischemic condition of the lower extremities which cannot be assessed by ankle-brachial index. This increases the preference of SPP over ABI, which in turn is expected to drive the skin perfusion pressure testing devices market.
The rising prevalence of peripheral arterial disease is another major factor driving the demand growth. Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) prevents wound healing of lower extremity. The patient populations at highest-risk have ischemic disease, foot ulcers, diabetes mellitus, and/or compromised kidney function. The most widely used test is ankle brachial index (ABI), but it has limited utility in foot ulcer patients. Ankle brachial index alone is not considered effective of wound healing. For overcoming this problem, manufacturers are focusing to develop advanced skin perfusion pressure.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly affected the medical practices, resulting in a decrease in non-essential medical care, including the wound healing specialty. The nationwide lockdown and disrupted supply chain has limited the ability to practice wound healing in normal conditions. The pandemic in the first few months of 2020 has had a negative impact on the skin perfusion pressure testing devices market.
For More Information or Query or Customization Before Buying, Visit:
Manufacturers are currently focusing on designing new innovative laser dopplers that can provide better results at less cost, and at the same time give simple and reliable outputs. For instance, free flap monitoring, a new generation device provides web-based capability, whereby, recordings from a laser doppler can be transmitted directly to a smart phone. Such advancements are expected to bode well for the global market.
Key Takeaways from Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing Devices Marker Study
- The global skin perfusion pressure testing devices market is estimated to be US$ 28.83 Mn in 2020, is expected to grow at a market CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period (2020-2030)
- The U.S. holds over 90% share of the North America market, but Canada is projected to expand faster at around 5.0% CAGR
- Germany holds the largest share of the market in Europe, and will expand at a CAGR of around 4.8% through 2030
- The U.K. will exhibit 5.3% Y-o-Y growth in 2021, emerging as a key market for SPP testing devices in Europe. France will also continue exhibiting high demand
- Japan and South Korea are expected to emerge as key markets for SPP testing devices in East Asia
“Growing advancements in skin perfusion pressure testing devices and rising prevalence of peripheral artery disease and chronic limb ischemia are expected to aid increasing demand for skin perfusion testing devices. Against this backdrop, manufacturers are likely to invest in innovation to facilitate advanced treatment” says the FMI Analyst
For any queries linked with the report, ask an analyst
Who is Winning?
Leading players in the skin perfusion pressure testing devices market are strengthening their market position though the acquisition, partnerships and expansion. For Instance,
- In October, 2015, Vasamed Incorporated entered into a collaboration and distribution agreement with CorVascular Diagnostics, LLC, which designs and distributes peripheral vascular diagnostic solutions.
- In January 2019, Perimed AB announced a partnership with Radiometer Medical ApS (Radiometer) to accelerate and expand the distribution of Perimed PeriFlux 6000 tcpO2 standalone system.
Some of the key market players covered by FMI include Vasamed Incorporated, Moor Instruments, Perimed AB, ELCAT GmbH, ATYS Medical, Viasonix, and Promed Group, consolidating their positions through mergers, acquisitions and new product launches.