Zika Virus Testing Market: ELISA-based Tests to Command Bulk of the Overall Zika Virus Testing Demand
The global zika virus testing market experienced a moderate incline, experiencing a CAGR of just above 2% between 2017 and 2020, being valued at a little over US$ 4 billion, as per ESOMAR-certified firm Future Market Insights (FMI) latest report on the landscape. Growth was majorly underpinned by the introduction of numerous point-of-care powerful testing approaches to facilitate timely detection of the virus.
According to FMI’s analysis, clinicians have been exhibiting a high preference towards enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) tests. Compared to other immunoassay methods, ELISA tests are more accurate, are considered highly sensitive, specific and compare favorably with other methods used to detect substances in the body, such as radioimmune assay (RIA) tests.
Prominent players are experiencing immense growth opportunities across tropical regions, attributed to the high concentration rate of the zika virus across such regions as the Caribbean, Central America, Africa and the Asian sub-continent. Players such as EUROIMMUN have emerged at the forefront, being the first diagnostics company to provide a testing approach to detect the zika virus. Its product lines include the Anti-Zika Virus ELISA (IgA or IgG or IgM or IgAM) fully automatable test and the IIFT Arbovirus Fever Mosaic 2 (IgG or IgM) test.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/REP-GB-2913
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Zika Virus Testing Market Study
- By test type, ELISA-based zika virus testing surpassed US$ 4 billion until 2020
- By end-user, private commercial laboratories to remain primary point of contact for availing zika virus testing
- Multiple regulatory approvals for various testing approaches by the FDA to bolster US zika virus testing market growth
- Brazil to attract major zika virus testing providers amid increasing governmental initiatives to contain its spread
- Growing focus on pregnant women’s health to accelerate testing volumes in Puerto Rico
- UK to experience limited uptake amid the non-notifiable nature of the disease due to limited outbreaks
Prominent zika virus testing manufacturers are reliant on offering advanced testing approaches in order to yield quicker results so as to facilitate timely treatment. Besides, key research laboratories and organizations also emphasize on expanding their testing capabilities by virtue of strategic acquisition and collaboration agreements.
In 2017, the US FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to authorize the RealStar® Zika Virus RT-PCR Kit for the in vitro qualitative detection of Zika virus with specified instruments. This test is offered by Altona Diagnostics GmbH, and tests presence of the virus in human serum, EDTA plasma and/or urine.
Similarly, ARUP Laboratories offers both serology and RT-PCR tests for detecting the zika virus. The former is called the Zika Virus IgM Antibody Capture (MAC) based on the ELISA technique. In the latter case, the test is conducted by collecting patients’ blood or urine samples.
For critical insights, request for PDF Brochure @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-2913
Why Future Market Insights?
• Comprehensive analysis on evolving purchase pattern across different geographies
• Detailed insights of market segments and sub-segments for historical as well as forecast period
• A competitive analysis of prominent players and emerging players in the keyword market
• Detailed information about the product innovation, mergers and acquisitions lined up in upcoming years
Ground breaking research and market player-centric solutions for the upcoming decade according to the present market scenario
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Mr. Debashish Roy
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
MARKET ACCESS DMCC Initiative
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
For Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org