Global Cancer Pain Market to 2030 - by Drug Type, Disease Indication, Estimation & Forecast - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Cancer Pain Market, By Drug Type, By Disease Indication, Estimation & Forecast, 2017 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global cancer pain market accounted for a market size of USD 6,716.2 Million in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 9,951.2 Million by 2030, at a growth rate of 4.6% during the forecast period.
The global cancer pain market is expected to grow owing to various factors such as the niche penetration of healthcare facilities for cancer diagnostics coupled with the rising healthcare expenditure & government support worldwide. Furthermore, growing prevalence of cancer pain is also estimated to boost the market growth. According to the National Cancer Institute, as of December 2021, around 20-50% cancer patients suffer from pain.
Rising healthcare expenditure and government support worldwide
With the growing prevalence of cancer, the awareness for the disease as well as the associated pain is also increasing. This is also leading to the rising healthcare expenditure for diagnosis and treatment of the cancer associated pain. According to the OECD, the preliminary estimates of healthcare spending for a group of 16 OECD countries jumped to about 9.9% of GDP in 2020. Therefore, the rising healthcare expenditure and government support worldwide is anticipated to fuel the market growth.
The global Cancer pain market report provides insights on the below pointers:
- Market Penetration: Provides comprehensive information on the market offered by the prominent players
- Market Development: The report offers detailed information about lucrative emerging markets and analyzes penetration across mature segments of the markets
- Market Diversification: Provides in-depth information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments
- Competitive Landscape Assessment: Mergers & acquisitions, certifications, product launches in the global cancer pain market have been provided in this research report. In addition, the report also emphasizes the SWOT analysis of the leading players.
- Product Development & Innovation: The report provides intelligent insights on future technologies, R&D activities, and breakthrough product developments
- Cancer Market Growth Forecast (USD Million), 2017-2030
- Epidemiology & Patient Population; 8MM Incident Patient Population of Cancer Pain
- Country Wise Epidemiology of Cancer Pain: U.S., EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK), Japan, China, and India
- Treatment & Management of Cancer Pain: Treatment Guidelines, WHO Guidelines for Cancer Pain Management. ESMO Guidelines for Cancer Pain Management
- Marketed Drugs: ULTRAM (Tramadol Hydrochloride)-Janssen Ortho, LLC - Product Description, Other Development Activities, Clinical Development, Clinical Trials Information, Safety & Efficacy, Product Profile; Hydromorphone Hydrochloride (HCl)-Janssen Korea, Ltd; Oxycodone-Taiwan Mundipharma Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lazanda (Fentanyl)-Insys Therapeutics, Inc.
- Emerging Drugs: Morphine Sulfate-Tetra Biopharma/Cognitive Research Corporation-Product Description, Regulatory Milestones, Clinical Development, Ongoing Current Pipeline Activity, Safety & Efficacy, product Profile; Resiniferatoxin-Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.; Pregabalin-Institut Cancerologie de I'Quest/Grunenthal GmbH
The global cancer pain market is segmented the drug type and disease indication.
By Drug Type,
- Opioids/ Narcotics
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Morphine (Kadian, M-Eslon Others)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Nerve Blocks
The opioids/narcotics segment is estimated to account for the largest market share of approximately 75% owing to the growing prevalence of cancer pain and the growing product pipeline. Within this segment, the codeine sub-segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 5.5%. This is because codeine is required in less amount as compared to the other opioids. In addition, the non-opioids segment is estimated to account for a market opportunity of around USD 482.7 million during 2022 to 2030. Within this segment, the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) segment is estimated to surpass a market size of USD 1,000 million by 2022. This is because of the low cost as well as easy availability of these drugs.
By Disease Indication,
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Blood Cancer
The breast cancer segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate of 5.5% during the forecast period and is also estimated to account for the largest market share of around 16% in 2021, owing to the increasing prevalence of breast cancer. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there were around 2.3 million women diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020. As per the same source, about 685,000 deaths occurred globally in 2020, due to breast cancer. On the other hand, the colorectal cancer segment accounted for the lowest revenue of USD 549.5 million by 2030.
- Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company, Inc.
- BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc.
- CK Life Sciences (WEX Pharmaceuticals)
- Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
- Mundipharma International Limited
- Orexo AB
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Roche Holding AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4pn6kp
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900