Global Asthma Pipeline Market Research Report 2022: Therapeutics Assessment by Product Type, Stage, Route of Administration, and Molecule Type - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Asthma - Pipeline Insight, 2022" clinical trials has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The publisher's, "Asthma - Pipeline Insight, 2022," report provides comprehensive insights about 100+ companies and 100+ pipeline drugs in Asthma pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Asthma R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Asthma.
- In October 2021, The board of directors of Mabpharm Limited announced that the new drug application (NDA) of CMAB007 (omalizumab), a core product of the Company, was accepted by the National Medical Products Administration of the People's Republic of China ("NMPA") for the treatment of allergic asthma, which is the first domestic allergic asthma therapeutic antibody new drug in China with NDA submitted. CMAB007 (omalizumab) is the second drug to be submitted for marketing application by the Company.
- In September 2021, Evelo Biosciences, Inc. announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued a new composition of matter patent (No. 11,090,341) for medicines comprising pharmaceutical compositions of Veillonella parvula bacteria. This patent is a key addition to the Company's substantial and growing intellectual property (IP) portfolio for treatments targeting the small intestinal axis, SINTAXT.
- In November 2021, CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Limited (the "Company" announced that Shanghai JMT-BIO Technology Co., Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, has entered into an agreement (the "Agreement") with Keymed Bioscience (Chengdu) Co., Ltd. in relation to the exclusive licensing and commercialization of the product CM326 (an anti-TSLP recombinant humanized monoclonal antibody, the "Product") in the treatment of moderate to severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other respiratory system diseases.
- In November 2021, Amgen and AstraZeneca agreed to include AMG 104 / AZD8630 in the existing collaboration agreement between the parties. AMG 104 / AZD8630 becomes part of the collaboration with the companies sharing both costs and income, with no inventor royalty.
Asthma Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Asthma report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Asthma Emerging Drugs
PT-027: Avillion LLP
PT-027: Avillion LLPT027 is an investigational fixed dose combination of budesonide (an inhaled corticosteroid) and albuterol (a short-acting beta-2 agonist). It is a potential first-in-class SABA/ICS rescue treatment for asthma in the US, to be taken as needed in response to symptoms. It is an inhaled, fixed-dose combination of albuterol (also known as salbutamol), a SABA, and budesonide, a corticosteroid, and is being developed in a pMDI using AstraZeneca's Aerosphere delivery technology. Avillion will be responsible for developing PT027 through an extensive clinical development programme and will finance the programme through to regulatory approval.
MM09-MG01: Inmunotek S.L.
MM09-MG01: Inmunotek S.L.t is a mite mixture (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae) with a concentration of 30,000 AU / mL and grasses mixture (Phleum pratense, Holcus lanatus, Poa pratensis, Festuca elatior, Lolium perenne and Dactylis glomerata) with a concentration of 30,000 AU / mL: Purified allergenic extract, adsorbed in aluminum hydroxide and polymerized with glutaraldehyde. It is currently being developed in Phase III stage of development.
FP 025: Foresee Pharmaceuticals
FP 025: Foresee Pharmaceuticalsoresee is developing a new generation, novel oral, highly selective and potent non-hydroxamate class of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP-12) inhibitors for the treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and multiple other diseases by rational drug design. A lead compound, FP-025, has been investigated in Phase I human clinical trials and proved to show acceptable safety and tolerability, and stable pharmacokinetics in healthy subjects. A Phase II proof-of-concept study in allergic asthma patients is currently being conducted in the Netherlands.
GB001: Gossamer Bio
GB001: Gossamer BioB001, a DP2 antagonist, may inhibit recruitment and activation of inflammatory cells in patients with asthma, consequently reducing airway inflammation. DP2 is a G-protein-coupled receptor selectively expressed by Type 2 T lymphocytes (Th2), eosinophils (Eos), basophils and Type 2 innate lymphoid cells (ILC2s). DP2 binds to PGD2 and promotes recruitment and activation of eosinophils and basophils and stimulates Th2 cells and ILC2 cells to release Type 2 cytokines including IL-4, IL-5 and IL-13, leading to persistence of Type 2 inflammation.GB001 is a potent and highly selective oral DP2 antagonist being developed as a once daily oral add-on maintenance treatment for moderate to severe eosinophilic asthma. In preclinical studies, GB001 was shown to be an insurmountable antagonist with a prolonged effect.
EDP1867: Evelo Biosciences, Inc.
EDP1867: Evelo Biosciences, Inc.DP1867 is a non-live pharmaceutical preparation of a single strain of Veillonella parvula, isolated from the ileum of a human donor. It is made non-live by irradiation in the manufacturing process making it unable to colonize or persist in the gut, a central feature of SINTAX medicines. EDP1867 is currently in clinical development. It has the potential to treat a wide range of inflammatory and neuroinflammatory diseases.
TQC2731: Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group
TQC2731: Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical GroupQC2731, belongs to the class of antiasthmatics. These anti-inflammatory drugs are the most effective and commonly used long-term control medications for asthma. They reduce swelling and tightening in your airways. An antiasthmatic and antiallergic agent also prevents mast cell release of histamine and formation of other mediators (leukotrienes) of anaphylaxis by inhibiting degranulation after contact with antigens. These helps prevent symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinitis, mastocytosis, and exercise-induced bronchospasm.TQC2731 is currently being investigated in Phase1 for the treatment of Asthma.
Asthma: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Asthma drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Asthma
There are approx. 100+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Asthma. The companies which have their Asthma drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Avillion LLP.
- How many companies are developing Asthma drugs?
- How many Asthma drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Asthma?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Asthma therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Asthma and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Mabpharm Limited
- Avillion LLP
- Immunotek SL
- AB Science
- Pearl Therapeutics Inc.
- Sterna Biologics
- Verona Pharma
- Foresee Pharmaceuticals
- EURRUS Biotech
- T-Balance Therapeutics
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Theravance Biopharma
- Akeso Biopharma
- Aldeyra Therapeutics
- Gossamer Bio
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Trio Medicines
- Janssen Research & Development
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals
- Concentrx Pharmaceuticals
- Tetherex Pharmaceuticals
- Oneness Biotech
- Knopp Biosciences
- Keymed Biosciences
- Suzhou Connect Biopharmaceuticals
- Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A.
- Aquilon Pharma
- 4D Pharma Plc
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Archivel Farma
- Siolta Therapeutics
- BGF MDI
- Glycopyrronium Bromide
- MEDI 3506
- Interferon beta-1a Nebuliser solution 48 ?g/mL
- Halix(TM) Albuterol
- AS MDI
- GBR 310
For more information about this clinical trials report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/uvndag
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900