Global Aptamers: Therapeutics, Technologies and Services Market (2022 to 2035) - Industry Trends and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Aptamers: Therapeutics, Technologies and Services Market, Distribution by Application Area, Type of Aptamer, Target Indication, Route of Administration, Scale of Operation, Focus Area, Company Size and Key Geographical Regions: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report features an extensive study of the current market landscape and the likely future potential associated with the aptamer-based therapies, technologies and services market. The study also includes an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various industry stakeholders engaged in this field.
Post the approval of the first aptamer-based therapy, Macugen, by the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) in December 2004, there has been a significant increase in the R&D initiatives focused on evaluating the potential of aptamers as theranostic agents. In the following year, the outstanding annual sales (USD 200 million) of the aforementioned product further bolstered the confidence of industry stakeholders in this new therapeutic modality, creating lucrative opportunity for therapy developers. Further, over 100 clinical trials, along with several preclinical studies, have demonstrated the potential of aptamers as a safe and effective treatment modality, owing to their unique characteristics, such as high binding affinity and specificity.
Given the various advantages, aptamer-based therapeutics in the current pipeline are targeting a range of therapeutic areas, such as oncological disorders, ophthalmological disorders and metabolomic disorders. It is worth mentioning that, in order to further enhance their performance, aptamers can be linked with various diagnostic agents, using physical or chemical conjugation.
Moreover, to ensure the development of more effective therapy candidates, several players have developed novel aptamer-based technologies that can be used for research, drug delivery and diagnostic applications. At present, such technologies are widely being used for pathogen recognition, cancer recognition, monitoring environmental contamination, and as stem cell markers, which can help in both disease prevention and treatment.
In addition, post the onset of COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a significant rise in the demand for COVID-19 testing kits, which has prompted several companies to develop aptamer-based diagnostic tools for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. Consequently, to support the various initiatives undertaken by industry players, investments worth over USD 1.3 billion have been reported in the past five years.
Presently, a significant portion of the existing manufacturing capabilities and expertise in this domain belongs to more than 50 contract service providers. Therefore, several researchers and therapy / diagnostic developers prefer to outsource their aptamer manufacturing operations.
Given the rise in global disease burden over the past few years, there has been an evident increase in the demand for effective targeted therapies along with novel diagnostic approaches to reduce development timelines and investments. We believe that, with an increase in the number of aptamer-based therapies being developed and subsequent advancement of therapies across various stages of clinical trials, and their eventual commercialization, the opportunities for custom / contract service providers is likely to increase in the foreseen future.
Overall, aptamer therapeutics, technologies and services market is poised to witness healthy growth over the next decade, with pioneers in the field likely to benefit from the first-to-market advantage.
- Accelero Bioanalytics
- Acuitas Capital
- Admera Health
- Aju IB
- ASKA Pharmaceutical
- Casdin Capital
- deCODE genetics (A Subsidiary of Amgen)
- Drive Therapeutics
- EIT Health
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Epsilon Molecular Engineering
- Eurofins Genomics
- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals (Acquired by Valeant Pharmaceuticals)
- Facible Biodiagnostics
- Farallon Capital Management
- Foresite Capital
- G. N. Tech Venture Investment
- GC Pharma
- Gene Link
- GNS Healthcare
- Granzer Regulatory Consulting and Services
- Guardian Therapeutics
- Halo-Bio RNAi Therapeutics
- Hanlim Pharmaceutical
- Harvard University
- HB Investment
- Horizon Discovery
- And Many More Companies!
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players engaged in the development of aptamer-based therapeutics and technologies?
- Which are the key drugs being evaluated across early and late stages of development?
- Which companies are actively involved providing aptamer-based services?
- What is the evolving trend of publications focused on aptamer-based therapeutics and technologies?
- What type of partnership models are commonly adopted by industry stakeholders?
- Who are the key investors in this domain?
- Which companies are actively filing patents to drive innovation in this niche segment?
- What are the different initiatives undertaken by start-up players for the development of aptamer-based technologies in the recent past?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/th6rxq
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900