Global Industrial Starches Market (2022 to 2027) - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Industrial Starches Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global industrial starches market was valued at USD 51,496.8 million in 2021, and it is projected to reach USD 70,469 million in 2027, registering a CAGR of 5.40% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Cargill Incorporated
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Agrana Beteiligungs AG
- Kent Nutrition Group Inc. (Grain Processing Corp.)
- Roquette Freres
- The Tereos Group
- Cooperatie Koninklijke Cosun UA
- Altia PLC
- Angel Starch and Food Pvt. Ltd
- Manildra Group
- Japan Corn Starch Co. Ltd
Key Market Trends
Corn is the Leading Source of Industrial Starch
- Starch derived from corn is in high demand because of its textural properties, especially as a thickening agent in industries such as dairy and beverages. The ingredient also gains an edge in the development of gluten-free products, which is a challenge for starch sourced from wheat, considering the potential remains of traces during extraction.
- The trend of clean-label ingredients and products is drastically impacting the global food and beverage industry. Moreover, the rapid expansion of the food processing industry offers a significant opportunity for the ingredient manufacturers to adopt strategic measures to cater to the growing demand.
- When it comes to non-food applications, the paper industry utilizes corn starch as a filler and sizing material. It also finds applications in the textile, laundry, foundry, air flotation, and adhesive industries.
North America Holds a Major Share in the Industrial Starches Market
- With a highly developed food industry utilizing all ingredients, North America occupies the pole position in the Industrial Starches Market, by region.
- Globally, the United States is the largest producer of corn with a production of 383.94 million metric ton in 2021-2022, which is utilized in various application areas, including the production of starch. The market is significantly inclined toward the consumption of gluten-free food, supported by the government of the country with its stringent regulations regarding product labeling of gluten-free ingredients. Thus, the majority of modified food starches in the United States are gluten-free, which are derived from corn, waxy maize, and potatoes. Consequently, the wheat-sourced starches amount to a lower share of the market.
- The Canadian industrial starches market is growing at a rapid pace, owing to rising consumer demand for healthy and cleaner ingredients. The demand for native starches in the country is especially driven by light-colored applications with subtle flavors. The local manufacturers are using it in processed food products, aiding in maintaining the appeal of the product.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Starch Derivatives & Sweeteners
5.2 By Source
5.2.5 Other Sources
5.3 By Application
5.3.3 Paper Industry
5.3.4 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.3.5 Other Applications
5.4 By Geography
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8 IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/eo3rkq
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900