Global Formulation Development Outsourcing Market (2022 to 2027) - Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Formulation Development Outsourcing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global formulation development outsourcing market reached a value of US$ 21.1 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the publisher expects the market to reach US$ 31.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 6.3% during 2022-2027.
- Aizant Drug Research Solutions Private Limited
- Catalent Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
- Intertek Group plc
- Irisys LLC (Recro Pharma)
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Lonza Group AG
- Piramal Pharma Solutions
- Quotient Sciences
- Syngene International Limited (Biocon Limited)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Formulation development refers to the process of determining patentability, lifecycle, and the success of the pharmaceutical product. It also involves pre-formulation, including analytical assay development and characterization, excipient screening to stabilize or enhance the solubility of the product and dosage form development. It is often outsourced due to time pressure and a lack of internal resources. Formulation development outsourcing also offers numerous benefits, such as compressing timelines, accessing expertise, and providing extra insurance against product failure.
The growing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cancer, asthma, arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease, is catalyzing the demand for the discovery and development of new drugs. This, in turn, represents one of the key factors resulting in the formulation development services being outsourced to contract research organizations (CROs) around the world. Besides this, there is a rise in the need to overcome the risk and save time and money involved in passing the drug through the development pipeline.
As a result, leading pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies worldwide are partnering with outsourcing services in the early phases of the drug development process. This, along with a significant increase in the need to innovate novel drugs on account of the rising patent expirations of major drugs, is contributing to market growth. Furthermore, expanding healthcare expenditure by business enterprises and governing agencies of several countries is creating a favorable market outlook. Moreover, the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak has positively influenced the need for clinical trials to find an effective treatment against the contagious infection. This has resulted in extensive investments in research and development (R&D) to develop therapeutics, which is projected to drive the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global formulation development outsourcing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global formulation development outsourcing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the dosage form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global formulation development outsourcing market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Formulation Development Outsourcing Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Service
7 Market Breakup by Dosage Form
8 Market Breakup by Application
9 Market Breakup by End User
10 Market Breakup by Region
11 SWOT Analysis
12 Value Chain Analysis
13 Porters Five Forces Analysis
14 Price Analysis
15 Competitive Landscape
15.1 Market Structure
15.2 Key Players
15.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s5f1z7
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900