Global Plasma Derived Medicine Market (2021 to 2028) - by Product Type, Indication, Distribution Channel and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plasma Derived Medicine Market, by Product Type, by Indication, by Distribution Channel, and by Region - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Plasma-derived medicinal products are pharmaceuticals or medicines produced from human plasma which is the liquid portion of the blood and consists of approximately 90% water. It contains over 120 different proteins that take on functions vital to life, such as fighting infections or clotting of blood to stop bleeding after an injury.
Albumin, immunoglobulin, clotting factors, fibrinogens, and other plasma-derived medicinal compounds can be extracted from plasma. PDMPs (plasma-derived medicinal products) are used in medical treatment and prophylaxis. Plasma products play an important role in managing autoimmune disorders, bleeding emergencies, and a number of chronic conditions such as hemophilia, congenital and acquired immunodeficiencies, and other inherited protein disorders.
Increasing product approvals by regulatory bodies for plasma-derived medicines are expected to drive the global plasma derived medicine market over the forecast period. For instance, in July 2021, Octapharma AG, a company that develops and produces high-quality human proteins from human plasma and human cell lines, announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had granted approval for its Octagam 10%, an immune globulin intravenous (human) liquid preparation derived from large pools of human plasma, the first and only intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) to be indicated for the treatment of adult dermatomyositis, a rare immune-mediated inflammatory disease.
Moreover, increasing marketing approvals by the regulatory bodies for plasma-derived medicines is expected to drive the global plasma derived medicine market over the forecast period. For instance, in January 2022, Bio Products Laboratory (BPL), a leading manufacturer of plasma-derived protein therapies, announced that the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) for China granted BPL a license to market ALBUMINEX 25% product in China.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global plasma derived medicine market, market size (US$ Million), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021-2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global plasma derived medicine market based on the following parameters - company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global plasma derived medicine market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global plasma derived medicine market
Global Plasma Derived Medicine Market, By Product Type:
- Coagulation factors
Global Plasma Derived Medicine Market, By Indication:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Bleeding Disorders
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (AATD)
- Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Multifocal Motor Neuropathy
- Liver Diseases
- Primary Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Other Orphan Diseases
Global Plasma Derived Medicine Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Plasma Derived Medicine Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- Grifols, S.A.
- SK Plasma
- Fusion Healthcare
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Octapharma AG
- CSL Limited
- Bio Products Laboratory Ltd.
- China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc.
- Shanghai RAAS
- ADMA Biologics Inc.
- Kamada Pharmaceuticals
- Biotest AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3vk7y2
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900