Amneal Releases 2021 Corporate Responsibility Report Highlighting Continued ESG Impact and Integration
Demonstrates increasing company commitment to responsible value creation
BRIDGEWATER, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMRX) (“Amneal” or the “Company”) today announced the release of its second annual (2021) Corporate Responsibility Report. The report showcases the Company’s continued progress in deepening its commitment to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) integration across Amneal strategy, culture and operations. Updates on actions the Company has taken in key ESG areas are highlighted alongside the social impacts of our business as well as the latest information on our diversity data, employee development and well-being offerings, environmental programs and responsibility plans for 2022.
“2021 was a year of continued evolution at Amneal. Our employees delivered a year of strong execution, including a robust cadence of new product innovations, enhanced operating efficiencies, and strategic M&A bolstering our core capabilities, pipeline, and portfolio. At the same time, we made meaningful progress in elevating our commitment to ESG and more deeply integrating responsibility within our business strategy, culture and operations,” said Chirag and Chintu Patel, Co-Chief Executive Officers.
In 2021, Amneal advanced key ESG efforts by:
- Formalizing the Company’s commitment to environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices by establishing a dedicated function and robust foundation to guide ESG programs, data collection and reporting;
- Strengthening the Company’s commitment to the health, well-being, and advancement of our diverse employee family through substantial investments in programs and offerings;
- Elevating the Company’s contributions to strengthening access and affordability for essential medicines via a deepened product portfolio of complex generics, biosimilars and innovative Specialty products;
- Taking meaningful steps to help drive health equity for more patients around the world by extending business into key international markets;
- Minimizing consumption of natural resources by driving efficiencies and investments in key areas across the business; and
- Enhancing support for communities through partnerships with therapeutic organizations, philanthropic support and regional/local employee volunteerism.
Each year, Amneal will strengthen its commitment to ESG, including updating its reporting to incorporate guidance from key ESG standard-setting and framework organizations in future publications. The Company looks forward to providing these and other ESG updates for key stakeholders as appropriate.
To view Amneal’s Corporate Responsibility report, please visit: https://www.amneal.com/about/responsibility/
Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMRX), headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, is a fully integrated essential medicines company. We make healthy possible through the development, manufacturing, and distribution of generic and specialty pharmaceuticals, primarily within the United States. The Company has a diverse portfolio of over 250 products in its Generics segment and is expanding across a broad range of complex products and therapeutic areas, including injectables and biosimilars. In its Specialty segment, Amneal has a growing portfolio of branded pharmaceutical products focused primarily on central nervous system and endocrine disorders, with a pipeline focused on unmet needs. Through its AvKARE segment, the Company is a distributor of pharmaceuticals and other products for the U.S. federal government, retail, and institutional markets. For more, please visit www.amneal.com.