2022 Hidradenitis Suppurativa Pipeline Insight Report - Featuring Janssen Biotech, AbbVie and Pfizer Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Hidradenitis Suppurativa - Pipeline Insight, 2022" clinical trials has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides comprehensive insights about 24+ companies and 24+ pipeline drugs in Hidradenitis Suppurativa pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products.
It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Understanding
Hidradenitis Suppurativa: Overview
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), also called acne inversus, is a chronic inflammatory skin condition with lesions including deep-seated nodules and abscesses, draining tracts, and fibrotic scars. These lesions most commonly occur in intertriginous areas and areas rich in apocrine glands.
Among the most common are axillary, groin, perianal, perineal, and inframammary locations. This activity reviews the cause, presentation and complications of Hidradenitis suppurativa and highlights the role of the interprofessional team in its management. The pathologic process of HS begins when a defective hair follicle becomes occluded and ruptures, spilling its contents, including keratin and bacteria, into the surrounding dermis.
A chemotactic inflammatory response by surrounding neutrophils and lymphocytes can lead to abscess formation and subsequent destruction of the pilosebaceous unit and other adjacent structures. Prognosis is variable. There is no cure for this condition. The prognosis worsens if there is a delay in diagnosis and treatment during the early stages of the disease, and also if comorbid conditions of smoking and obesity (if present) are not addressed and improved.
This report outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment guidelines.
The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Hidradenitis Suppurativa commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence in Hidradenitis Suppurativa R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve in Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
- In April 2022, Ascentage Pharma announced that the combination of palbociclib and APG-2449 synergistically inhibits tumor growth in mesothelioma and such effect is mediated by induced autophagy and enhanced cellular senescence. The preclinical study suggests that APG-2449 combined with CDK4/6 inhibitors may have therapeutic potential in mesothelioma and may warrant future clinical development.
- In April 2022, AnaptysBio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing first-in-class antibody product candidates focused on unmet medical needs in inflammation. The Company's proprietary anti-inflammatory pipeline includes imsidolimab, its anti-IL-36R antibody, previously referred to as ANB019, for the treatment of dermatological inflammatory diseases, including generalized pustular psoriasis, or GPP, and moderate-to-severe hidradenitis suppurativa; Imsidolimab top-line data from the HARP Phase 2 trial in moderate-to-severe hidradenitis suppurativa is anticipated in the third quarter of 2022.
- In February 2022, InflaRx, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing anti-inflammatory therapeutics by targeting the complement system, announced the presentation of new data with vilobelimab (IFX-1), a first-in-class anti-C5a antibody, demonstrating significantly elevated baseline C5a levels in moderate and severe Hurley Stage II and III hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) patients compared to healthy volunteers.
This report covers around 24+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Hidradenitis Suppurativa pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
Key Questions Answered
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Hidradenitis Suppurativa drugs?
- How many Hidradenitis Suppurativa drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Hidradenitis Suppurativa and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Janssen Biotech
- Incyte Corporation
- CSL Behring
- Kymera Therapeutics
- Lytix Biopharma
- Aclaris Therapeutics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Azora Therapeutics
- PF 6650833
For more information about this clinical trials report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/go7rpx
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900