Global Apiculture Market Report 2022: U.S. Market is Estimated at $1.2 Billion in 2022, While China is Forecast to Reach $2.8 Billion by 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Apiculture - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Apiculture Market to Reach $11.8 Billion by 2026
The global market for Apiculture estimated at US$10.3 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$11.8 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 3.6% over the analysis period.
Honey, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 3.7% CAGR to reach US$11 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Beeswax segment is readjusted to a revised 3.1% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 7% share of the global Apiculture market.
Honey is now one of the main ingredients for the thriving natural foods industry. Honey has a variety of flavors and qualities because of which, it is used by a number of end-use industries besides food and beverages, including pharmaceutical, chemicals and personal care among others.
Food and beverages has been the dominant end-user of bee products, especially honey, for long and would continue to be so for many more years to come. The industry uses honey as sweetening agent and for flavoring. With adverse effects of sugar sweeteners on health becoming more obvious demand for honey is increasing. Growing liking among consumers for low calorie, healthy and natural sweeteners is anticipated to help demand growth for honey from this end-user industry remain steady.
Growth in the global market is set to be fueled by strong demand for honey and other bee products demand worldwide combined with the factor of insufficient availability. Prominence for commercial beekeeping would increase as several new industries start using honey and other bee products. Cosmetic and medicinal uses of bee products would especially drive demand.
Manuka, honey for instance, is fast gaining popularity for its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. New bee colonies are established constantly in all major producing countries for keeping up with the growing demand for bee products. Going forward, there would also be a stronger awareness about sustainable practices for bee keeping. Growing awareness about importance of bees for our ecosystem would compel breeders to practice sustainable methods such as maintaining native bee population, using top bar hives, giving more control to bees etc.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $1.2 Billion in 2022, While China is Forecast to Reach $2.8 Billion by 2026
The Apiculture market in the U.S. is estimated at US$1.2 Billion in the year 2022. The country currently accounts for a 12.02% share in the global market. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$2.8 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 4.4% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 2.3% and 2.5% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 2.6% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$2.9 Billion by the end of the analysis period. Both production and consumption of bee products has been growing at a strong pace in Asia-Pacific region.
Consumers in the region are becoming more aware about the wellness and health benefits of bee products, especially honey. Asian countries are also major exporters of honey and other bee products to developed nations. China represents the largest honey producing nation, with a 30% share in the global production. Brazil also represents one of the important regions for apiculture. The nation produces high quality yields of different varieties of honey. Brazil is also known for producing honey that is GM-pollen free.
By Application, Food & Beverage Segment to Reach $4.7 Billion by 2026
Driven by rising levels of awareness and health concerns, F&B manufacturers are also increasingly seeking better alternatives to sugar, to meet sweetener requirements in mass-produced foods and beverages.
Future growth in the market will be driven by growing demand from the food and beverage industry for meeting the increasing consumer preference for all-natural, organic, low-fat, and low-cal food and beverage products. In the global Food & Beverage (Application) segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 3.8% CAGR estimated for this segment.
These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$2.3 Billion will reach a projected size of US$3.1 Billion by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$982 Million by the year 2026, while Latin America will expand at a 5.2% CAGR through the analysis period.
What`s New for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to the digital archives
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- A Prelude to Apiculture
- COVID-19 Pandemic Hampers the Apiculture Industry
- Global Apiculture Market to Witness Rapid Growth, Driven by Increasing Demand for Honey
- Leading Natural Honey Producing Countries: 2019
- Asia-Pacific Leads the Global Apiculture Market
- Competitive Market Presence - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- WORLD BRANDS
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 142 Featured)
- Arnold Honeybee Services
- Gospodarstwo Pasieczne Sadecki Bartnik sp. z o.o.
- Beehive Botanicals Inc
- Beeswax From Beekeepers
- Burleson`s Honey
- Dabur India Limited
- Gloden bees Ltd
- Mann Lake Ltd
- Miller`s Honey Company
- Seldom Fools Apiculture
- Shandong Bokang Apiculture
- Thomas Apiculture
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Myriad Health and Healing Benefits of Honey to Drive the Apiculture Market
- Functional Properties of Honey - Select Applications
- Antimicrobial and Wound Healing Characteristics of Honey
- Antibacterial Potency of Various Types of Honey
- Growing Popularity of Honey as a Sugar Substitute Drive Apiculture Demand from the F&B Industry
- Increasing Consumer Interest in Manuka Honey - A Key Growth Driver
- Growing Establishments of New Colonies and Beekeeping Enterprises for Honey Production
- Loss of Honeybee Population: A Major Cause of Concern
- Leveraging Technologies for Reversing the Trend of Declining Bee Population
- Bee Keeping Evolves over the Years with Advancement in Technology
- Software Aids Bee Keepers
- Latest Beekeeping Technologies
- Bee SmartT: A Remote System for Managing Beehives
- FlowT Hive Revolutionizes Honey Harvesting
- Buzz Box
- Thermosolar Hive
- Hive Tracks
- Rising Significance of Restoring Agricultural Ecosystems Augurs Well for Bee Population
- Bee Conservation: Towards Eco-friendliness and Sustainability
- MACRO DRIVERS
- Increasing Preference for Organic, Low-Fat, and Low-Cal Food Products Bodes Well for Market Growth
- Alarming Rise in Obesity and Increasing Demand for Honey as a Weight Management and Weight Loss Diet Option Bodes Well for the Apiculture Market
- Average Per Capita Annual Health Expenditure (In US$) due to Obesity
- Increasing Global Population Drives the Apiculture Market
- Exponential Increase in Urban Population
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/47c5ng
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900