Polyurethane Global Market to Reach $136.65 Billion in 2026 from $78.01 Billion in 2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Polyurethane Global Market Report 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global polyurethane market is expected to grow from $67.27 billion in 2021 to $78.01 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.0%. The market is expected to grow to $136.65 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 15.0%.
The polyurethane market consists of the sales of polyurethane and related services which are used in foams as an insulation material, coatings, adhesives and sealants, and an elastomer. Polyurethane refers to a form of plastic polymer material which is used to produce modern, versatile, and safe consumer and industrial products that are environmentally friendly. Polyurethane is formed by reacting a polyol (an alcohol with more than two reactive hydroxyl groups per molecule) with a diisocyanate or a polymeric isocyanate in the presence of suitable catalysts and additives. They are also widely used in medical devices such as pacemakers, artificial hearts, and other blood-contacting applications.
The main product types of polyurethane are coatings, adhesives and sealants, flexible and rigid foams, elastomers, and other product types. The adhesive is a substance that is capable of holding materials together in a functional manner by a surface attachment that is resisting separation. The raw materials are MDI, TDI, and polyols. The end-use industries are furniture, construction, electronics and appliances, automotive, footwear, and other end-use industries.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the polyurethane market in 2021. North America was the second-largest region in the polyurethane market. The regions covered in the polyurethane report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The adoption of polyurethane in home furnishings is driving the polyurethane market. Furniture manufacturing companies are enhancing comfort, durability, health, and safety by using flexible polyurethane foam (FPF) as a cushioning material for upholstered furniture, bedding, and carpet underlay. Furthermore, with the introduction of an advanced manufacturing process, polyurethane form provides more uniform, predictable, and durable end products.
Demand for sustainable products from the construction, automotive, and footwear industry is witnessing a rising demand for the manufacturing of bio-based polyurethane (PU) with rising awareness of environmental concerns worldwide. Bio-based polyurethanes (PU) are derived from biodegradable materials constituting a rich source of precursors for the synthesis of polyols and isocyanates.
These chemicals are readily available at lower cost with less environmental impact and are highly biodegradable. In addition, with increasing commercialization and growing demand for flexible foam for car seats, headrests from major automotive OEMs, polyurethane manufacturers have shifted focus towards developing sustainable and environmentally friendly products of renewable materials, will drive the use of bio-based polyurethane products in various industries including construction, automotive, coating, and footwear.
1) By Product Type: Coatings; Adhesives and sealants; Flexible and rigid foams; Elastomers; Other Product Types
2) By Raw Material: MDI, TDI, Polyols
3) By End User Industry: Furniture; Construction; Electronics & Appliances; Automotive; Footwear; Other End Use Industries
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Polyurethane Market Characteristics
3. Polyurethane Market Trends And Strategies
4. Impact Of COVID-19 On Polyurethane
5. Polyurethane Market Size And Growth
6. Polyurethane Market Segmentation
7. Polyurethane Market Regional And Country Analysis
8. Asia-Pacific Polyurethane Market
9. China Polyurethane Market
10. India Polyurethane Market
11. Japan Polyurethane Market
12. Australia Polyurethane Market
13. Indonesia Polyurethane Market
14. South Korea Polyurethane Market
15. Western Europe Polyurethane Market
16. UK Polyurethane Market
17. Germany Polyurethane Market
18. France Polyurethane Market
19. Eastern Europe Polyurethane Market
20. Russia Polyurethane Market
21. North America Polyurethane Market
22. USA Polyurethane Market
23. South America Polyurethane Market
24. Brazil Polyurethane Market
25. Middle East Polyurethane Market
26. Africa Polyurethane Market
27. Polyurethane Market Competitive Landscape And Company Profiles
29. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Polyurethane Market
29. Polyurethane Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Huntsman Corp.
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- DIC Corp.
- Nippon Polyurethane Industry Corp. Ltd.
- Recticel S.A.
- Woodbridge Foam Corp.
- RTP Company
- Lubrizol Corp.
- Tosoh Corporation
- Manali Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Wanhua Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Nippon PU Industry Corp.
- Recticel S.A
- Rampf Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Foamex Innovations (U.S)
- Kuwait Polyurethane Industries W.L.L
- Recticel s.a./n.v.
- Rogers Corporation
- Sheela Foam Ltd.
- INOAC Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/siiw95
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900