Enterome to present updates on EO2401, its first-in-class OncoMimics™ therapeutic cancer vaccine targeting solid tumors, at ESMO Congress 2022
- Enterome is evaluating EO2401 in Phase 1/2 clinical trials in recurrent glioblastoma (ROSALIE) and adrenocortical malignancies (SPENCER)
- Proof-of-concept data in both trials of EO2401 have demonstrated strong immune response in patients. These data were presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in June 2022
- EO2401 combines OncoMimics™ peptides which are known driver antigens present on aggressive solid tumors. Enterome selected these peptides using its Mimicry platform, applying best-in-class biocomputational tools and bioassays to identify novel therapeutics from its proprietary database of 20+ million bioactive gut microbiome peptides and proteins.
Paris, France – September 6th, 2022
Enterome, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class immunomodulatory drugs based on its highly productive bacterial Mimicry drug discovery platform, will present two posters on its OncoMimics™ pipeline at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress 2022, which will be held September 9-13 in Paris, France. The posters will focus on two clinical trials evaluating EO2401 to treat patients with recurrent glioblastoma (ROSALIE) and adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC) and malignant pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma (MPP) (SPENCER).
Details on Enterome’s poster presentations
Title: EO2401 (EO) therapeutic vaccine for patient (pts) with recurrent glioblastoma (GB):
phase 1/2 ROSALIE study
Authors: D. Reardon et al
Abstract number: 1223
Category: CNS tumours
Date: Saturday September 10th , 2022
Key highlights :
- EO2401 is safe and well tolerated and generated immune responses in most evaluable patients.
- ROSALIE (EOGBM1-18) proof-of-concept data has already shown strong immune responses in combination with an immune checkpoint inhibitor (nivolumab, Opdivo®) and an anti-VEGF therapy (bevacizumab, Avastin®), for the treatment of patients with first progression/recurrence of glioblastoma.
- The addition of standard bevacizumab to the combination of EO2401 plus nivolumab led to an improvement in objective response rate (ORR), disease control rate (DCR), and progression-free survival (PFS).
- The results of the second part of the study will be presented at ESMO Congress.
Title: EO2401 (EO) therapeutic vaccine for patient (pts) with adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC) and malignant pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma (MPP): phase 1/2 SPENCER study
Authors: E. Baudin et al
Abstract number: 3149
Category: Adrenal cancer
Presenter: Dr. Eric Baudin, Associate Professor and Head of the Endocrine Oncology Unit at Gustave Roussy (Villejuif, France)
Date/Time: Oral Presentation- Monday September 12th, 2022 at 9.40 am CEST
- EO2401 in combination with nivolumab has demonstrated strong immune responses and clinical efficacy in patients with ACC, which was defined retrospectively using a set of clinical parameters.
- A randomized Phase 2 trial with an expanded subpopulation of patients with ACC is planned to start in the coming months.
- An update on the ongoing expanded study for treatment of patients with MPP will be presented at ESMO Congress.